Sign in to follow this  
Guest M-Sauce

737NG HGS (Hud Modification)

Guest M-Sauce

Hello all. I have a question for someone at PMDG.I integrated an HGS (Hud) panel that someone made here on AVSIM into my 737NG panel. I love this Hud panel and I always fly the 737 on approach using it. Naturaly, I would like to make this modification available to other fellow simmers on AVSIM, but I'm not sure how to go about it. It involves modifying the stock PMDG panel.cfg file.Am I allowed to just post the panel.cfg file, or would that be violating your copyrights?? I guess I could just put directions on how to do it yourself, but that would involve a lengthy readme file (Frankly, I'm not 100% sure I can explain it on a text file) Anyway, I'm posting a couple of screenshots here so you guys see what it looks like. The modification would probably depend on the resolution the individual is running, I am at 1920x1200. Marianohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172997.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172998.jpg

That's pretty sweet! I assume the only thing it's missing is integration with the FMA along the top of the HUD, since the gauge presumably can't read the PMDG's AP states? I'm pretty good at adding gauges to panels myself and want to give it a crack - but I didn't even know this existed!

Guest c210_cvs

I say go for it, maybe just post the relevant parts that needs to change. If they can post the cfg to integrate the Wx500 into the PDMG 737 then this should be okFRED

Mariano,Congratulations - it is brilliant. Would love to have it.Gerry

Mariano,What you need to do is make a package that tells people what to insert into their panel.cfg to make this work. You can't distribute a new .cfg unfortunately.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest M-Sauce

OK Ryan, thanks for the reply. I will start working on it and figure out how to explain it in text.As soon as I've finished it I will post it on AVSIM for everyone to have a crack at. I can't guarantee it will work like mine, but at least I will try to explain what I did exactly so that you guys can mess with it. Mariano

Guest M-Sauce

Well, I put together a readme file and have up-loaded it to AVSIM for those of you who are interested. Please let me know if I explained it thoroughly enough for you guys to get it to work on your machines. It is a bit complex, but trust me, it is worth it. Also, if any of you figure out a better way to integrate it, please let me know. Mariano

Guest macman4

Mariano, What is the name of the file, if you please:D Thanks, Bob

Bob, Just search for "PMDG HUD" and you will find the file.Jose Luis.