Sign in to follow this  
G-CIVA

PMDG 744 Update for FS9 - news from a 'Happy Camper'

Gents,Having spent most of the evenings this past week continually refreshing my PMDG forum page I inadvertantly fell asleep last night watching the screen for some sort of indication on the release of the 744 Update for FS9.Imagine my delight when I awoke very early this morning & hit the refresh icon once more before heading off to bed!!First things first - I only run FS9 through Windows XP (SP3) on a 4 -year old 3.4ghz machine with a dual monitor & Aerosoft Australia MCP. I exclusively fly the 744 & 744F versions online (with SB3) for 'The Worlds Favourite Airline'...LOLI decided not to take up the offer of the FS9/FSX unfied update... primarily as I am not willing to move to FSX for various reasons - I need a completely new system before I will see any beneficial results.After a smooth download an install with no issues I decided to take her through her paces (offline) to see what had changed/improved.All my tests were conducted at London Heathrow (offline) with current & RW Active Sky 6 weather enabled.I started my tests by loading a LHR-SIN rte with AS6 winds departure from RWY 09R with a PTOW of 395.5t. Even on my ancient machine the whole experience seemed much smoother & more immersive.First was an ENG Fail below V1...she perfomed as expected...it felt extremely smooth.Followed by an ENG Fail after V1...I took the problem into the air on the DVR departure...no issues & she behaved in the expected manner. After commencing a fuel dump I set up the FMC for a 3-ENG ILS approach to RWY 09L at EGLL via the BIG transition... no issues or 'PROGRAMME ERROR' messages...this is where I really began to notice the 'tweaked' flight dynamics...even in FLCH things happened much more smoothly than I had experienced before. The 3-ENG ILS approach & taxi back to the stand at Terminal 4 were also flawless...it was nice to see the RWY symbology remain on the ND as I taxied happily back to the stand. On ENG shutdown it was also good to see the EGTs rundown in a more realistic manner...& as I think about it the ENG Indications on the Upper & Lower EICAS Screens also seemed more fluid.Safely back on stand I removed the malfunctions & reset my flight for the same trip & departed once again...this time for a full departure from LHR up to CRZ Alt. This is where I really noticed those improvements to the LNAV/VNAV performance...superb is all I can say.Well done each & every one of you who has put in the hours to get this patch out...my flying experiences are set to be even more immersive as a result. I would also like to thank you personally for continuing to upgrade the 744 for FS9...believe ...me when I say I can see the benifits...I really do mean it.I know its probably a pipe dream but please consider the FS9 Platform during future upgrades.My (now very small) 'wish list' would be as follows:A new 'less processor hungry' Aerosoft Australia MCP interface.The ability to enter a PRED ETA/ALT into the FIX Page at LSK6RThe ability to upload RTE WIND/WPT WIND data directly from AS6 into the FMC via ACARS.Fully-funtional OFFPATH DES option in the FMCA fully-functional set of MAINT Pages in the FMCAs you can see these really are minor points...I'm not the kind of bloke who gets excited about pogo sticks, SATCOM Radomes or other types of 'eye candy'!!Once again to the whole PMDG Team...Thank You!!Kind RegardsSteve BellPS Now I am away from my flight deck for the whole weekend choosing wedding rings & organising our wedding with the missus...but thats another story & the 'Fat Girl' sits patiently & silently on Stand 407 at LHR ready for her next adventure...sometime next week LOL

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Hello Trevor!I unfortunately am at work and unable to download until 1600z. I shall then be able to join you at Stand 406 :)I fully concur- many thanks PMDG- but, please put a PAID update for the 747 on the agenda, after your MD-11 and NGX- and bring our fat girl to her full potential.My priorities would also be:The ability to enter a PRED ETA/ALT into the FIX Page at LSK6RThe ability to upload RTE WIND/WPT WIND data directly from AS6 into the FMC via ACARS.Fully-funtional OFFPATH DES option in the FMCMAINT pages..............and no emphasis on functional seatbelts, inflight entertainment , window shades...........or other such nonsense.Mate- I hope something "else" arrives today!Ryan- completly satisfied (for now ;) )Robert- I do hope you read and enjoyed my Mondavi comment in another post?BRAVO ZULU PMDG !"Douggie"Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Lefteris- now, where's that MCP update mate? And, PLEASE release a paid update for the FS9 version as well...........thanks!>>Best->Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225>http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png>| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE |>Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA>8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2>| 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products>Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi Steve,It's funny to read your report, you did it on a very nice way.Question : are you gonna marry with your PMDG 744 ? :-lol It's only a joke, man. Maybe you can have your weddingparty in a B-74x. In Lelystad (the Netherlands) there's a static B-743. Maybe a nice thought for you ?Best regards,PeterBelgiumFlightsimulator is not a simulation, it's a way of life ....