Sign in to follow this  
Guest John The Revelator

PMDG 737-8900 Aileron

Guest John The Revelator

Hi!I'am new user of PMDG 737. I've some problem with autopilot. When I click CMD A or B just for stay on selected ALT i can't manualy steering the plane. Just like the ailerons are locked. But, when I click the HDG and set some heading it will turn automatic. It makes me mad, when HDG is off and CMD is ON the plane is unable to fly manual.Sorry for my english ;)

Mr/Ms NamelessWelcome to the forum. Please sign your posts with your name.The A/P is working as it is designed to do. This is not a FS A/P where you can set one axis on automatic mode and manually control the other. You can get automatic throttle and steer manually or vice versa. If you have the 800/900 you should be able to use GWS which is an semi automatic flight mode. Both the A/P and the GWS modes are fully explained in the manual.Hope it helps,

What some people dont understand is that these addons like PMDG,PIC767,LEVEL-D,DF to name a few are a lot more comlpicated systems than your basic default MS planes.And i think that is where some of the problems come.MS has made the game to be simple and fun and to some degree not realistic.Our addons changes everything as to being SIMPLE.Many of us who use these addons want as close to the REAL THING and that is why we bye our PMDG and so on.I was one of those people who REFUSED to read the manuals and i have killed my self many times and destroyed millions of dollars of planes because of not reading the manuals.Once you start reading the manuals and PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE these addons become a REAL JOY to have.Be patient read the manuals and as you learn the systems you will enjoy the game even more.WE WERE ALL BEGINERS AT ONE TIME.Nebojsa

Guest John The Revelator

Nebojsa, I know it's more complicated than default plane, that's the reason I want to fly on it.Yes I'am newbie, so I need to learn. I thought that this forum would be the best place for learn.My English isn't great so I can't understand some instructions in manual, so I asked you.Does it mean that if I click on CMD A, B or CWS A, B the Aileron will be locked even if HDG SEL is OFF? Is there no way to set Auto Throttle, and Altitude Hold and steering manually?Bartosz J.

You can "steer" manually anytime. If the system is in LNAV or HDG mode it will switch to CWS mode, which allows you to provide manual lateral (or verticle) navigation. I think CWS means control wheel steering.

Dan Downs KCRP