Sign in to follow this  
Guest jetman

FSX 'patch' question

Guest jetman

Hi,With the advent of Sept 1, and the release of new PMDG products, I'm now considering implementing further FSX purchases, i.e. ActiveSky (FSX), and the PMDG products, in particular the new 737-Ng. After patching the initial FSX release I ran the patch, and I'm now experiencing a weird 'white screen' delay when changing views. The screen blanking wipes out about 3/4 of the view for a few seconds, but is annoying.Would a re-install be in order?

I believe he was refering to the general release of products not intending to speculate a specific date.I too used to get that annoying "white" screen since patching FSX, I'm not sure what it is either. I use NVIDIA cards and updated my drivers. FSX runs very different in Full Screen mode as compared to the Windowed View. I would try both see what works best for you and update your drivers.v/rTodd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III

Yeah, I think he meant the press release on 9/1 and then the inevitable product releases. Other than that, when I patched FSX, all my textures got weired in addition to the white screen. My taxi lines showed up white and I got this 'haze' layer at about 75' MSL. Things were better off before the patch. I don't use NVIDIA though so the video card may not be the culprit.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest jetman

>I too used to get that annoying "white" screen since patching>FSX, I'm not sure what it is either. I use NVIDIA cards and>updated my drivers. FSX runs very different in Full Screen>mode as compared to the Windowed View. I would try both see>what works best for you and update your drivers.Thanks, Todd. Yes, I was ultimately referring to the advent of being able to fly a PMDG product within FSX which also includes investing in making some basic hardware improvements as well as other supporting FSX software.I have an Invidia 7950 and I believe I checked that I was using the latest drivers. I thought the 'problem' might be one of the 'many' tweaks available. Perhaps someone with a similar card can enlighten me?Ron - CYEG

>Hi,>>With the advent of Sept 1, and the release of new PMDG>products, I'm now considering implementing further FSX>purchases, i.e. ActiveSky (FSX), and the PMDG products, in>particular the new 737-Ng. After patching the initial FSX>release I ran the patch, and I'm now experiencing a weird>'white screen' delay when changing views. The screen blanking>wipes out about 3/4 of the view for a few seconds, but is>annoying.>>Would a re-install be in order? >Ron - CYEGI had this problem too, and it was because "tool tips" was turned on. What happened was that after changing views, I would mouse over a button on the MCP (LevelD), and the screen would momentarily go white. I fixed it by turning off "tool tips."- John

Yeah, I have the same card, I will see if I can play around with my settings to get that white screen again. I would also check to make sure you are not overclocking your card too much either. That can have an effect on the view changes. I'll get back with you. Or if anyone else with a 7950 beats me to it. v/rTodd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

These are my settings using Forceware version 94.24. In your display properties under the "Performance & Quality" settings, make sure that none of them have "Application Controlled" selected. I happen to have 2X for Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering. Image settings set to "Performance" and vertical sync "OFF"I think the key here is no application controlled. Everything else tailor to your specific needs. Also Full screen has worked best for me. Many strange things happen in windowed mode.v/rToddhttp://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-pilot.jpg

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

C-17A Globemaster III

Guest jetman

>Yeah, I have the same card, I will see if I can play around>with my settings to get that white screen again. I would also>check to make sure you are not overclocking your card too much>either. That can have an effect on the view changes. I'll>get back with you. Or if anyone else with a 7950 beats me to>it. Thanks for that, Todd.I'll check my settings against yours. I don't overclock the card at all, so that's a given. For drivers I have currently v. 6.14.10.9424, but there is a new one that just came out in late July. I'm going to give that one a whack! ;DRon - CYEG