Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

747-400, SVVA, SID. Puerto Pista 28 Raw Data.

Guest M@rtijn

Luis,That's a #### of a screen you have there (42''?)!Liked your video, thank you.One question, what yoke you use?Regards,Martijn

Guest lespindo

Hi Martijn, I have A 42" CH Yoke, Engravity FMC,Goflight,RC Rudder pedals and I also have Goflight TQ6 Throttle Quadrant.I will be doing other Instrument Procedures,I love instrument flying!!!!;)

Luis:Very nice! May I request that you upload your next video in VC mode. I only fly in that mode, and have a 24" wide screen LCD, CH Yoke, Throttle Quadrant and Pedals. I would LOVE to see your 42" displaying the virtual cockpit. Even if it is only for a few minutes, it would be awesome to see!One day, I hope to have a 747 MCP and the Engravity CDU- but for now the MCP is almost impossible to find, and the CDU way too pricy for me :(. Oh well, there's always tomorrow :)Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest lespindo

OK Carl!!!! In my next video I will show you the VC cockpit so that you can see how it looks in my 42". But remember I'm doing Instrument procedures and for that I need to be in Pannel mode. I need to see everything!! Happy Flying! ;)

Luis, great job! Looking forward to the next video. Interesting to see the 744 flown using raw data. Great screen too! Joe

Luis,Thanks, I will look forward to your nbext video- even a few minutes of VC footage would be great.FWIW I only file IFR and fly full procedures each time. I only fly VC. Once you take the time to set up Active Camera properly, and have a large enough monitor (the 24" works well- anything bigger is gravy)- I think you would have a hard time going back to 2D. Most of the time the hard core simmers who still are using 2D just haven't flown a proper setup in VC IMHO. Once you do, and experience the spatial extent of the VC with its ergonomic layout- I think you'd agree. The only issue is as Sam states in another post- one of distance and perspective. Getting the eyepoint right, and programming correct views to appropriate button presses is the ticket to a seamless experience. It must be gorgeous on you 42"! As far as "seeing eveything"- can't beat the VC either!The other option is trackIR- I didn't care for it on a flight deck- it worked better for me in a small cockpit like the RealAir's Spit- again, only 1 opinion.Thanks for sharing!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi, I'm using trackIR with a 37" LCD screen. It works very well with the 747.Rob Prest

Rob Prest

Hey guys,I was wondering about these large displays.....I run a 24" LCD at 1900 x 1200 in 32bit color. When I went from my 22" LCD to the current 24" LCD I had to go from my 7900GS to my current 8800GTS just to keep the frame rates manageable. Then I met Michael Greenblatt (but that's another story). Still, I wonder about these large displays......what resolutions are you running (1) and if this is standard 1080p resolution- that's lower than 1900 x 1200, so how does that work as far as display quality (2). Also, I will not be running in 2D (the 3D screens are smaller and so I would think require higher resolutions to be readable) so will the 3D VC be ok, displayed at lower resolutions?I realize TV broadcasts and HD DVD etc are all beautifully crisp so I'm hoping that the resolutions would not be a problem.Luis, please post your next flight when you can, I would love to see how it works out in VC (even if it is just a little bit while).Thanks!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper