Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

New Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System w PMDG 747

>I believe that September 15 is the releasedate. I am>anxiously awaiting feedback on this too. It looks like a veryYou are lucky then. Release date here in New Zealand is not until December now. Really hanging out because I really hate my CH Products one. One of the buttons has stopped working properly and jams if you hit it. and it constantly needs calibrating to keep it centredJohn Veldthuis

Have you contacted Saitek support about the drivers or unusual sensitivity? I have found them very responsive in the past. Also others might get a heads up on what is wrong.Mine should arrive next week.Greg

Greg Clark

Guest rblaha

I called Saitek Tech Support today but hit a brick wall with their automated system. No option for the Pro Flight Line of controllers. I finally called the main number and was transferred to a tech after some coaxing. The tech sent me an email with instructions on how to re-calibrate the controller and completely uninstall the drivers.According to the email, Saitek's newer controllers are configured so that the calibration is set up correctly out of the box. To re-calibrate, you've got to edit the registry. So, I edited the registry as instructed, moved all axes several times which is supposed to automatically write the calibration to the registry but, no improvement. The driver uninstall requires finding and deleting several files and folders as well as editing the registry and then re-installing the drivers. Simple enough but again, no improvement.I continue to be underwhelmed.Randy

Guest SVA121

I just got my pedals and throttles, yoke delayed for another 3 weeks.... Anyhow, the throttles work perfectly for me.. reverse, flaps, speedbrakes...And I did not mess with FSUIPC, I did all mapping through the Profile Editor that came with the driver CD.Randy, visit Saitek forum lots of good info there.Regards,Mohammed

I am waiting for a bit until I order my unit. As I read these posts of people going into FSUIPC to make assignments and adjustments, I wonder if they are also using the Profile Editor? I have an old X-45 HOTAS from Saitek and the power that the Profile Editor brings to its usefullness is staggering!!! If my memory was better, I could just about program every function that I use into this stick.It is also possible, not likely, that if you have inadvertently made assignments in the profile editor and in FSUIPC that they could conflict...Hope all that are having issues get it sorted out.Cheers

Guest rblaha

From where I sit, I had not installed the SST software for creating profiles so, no conflicts. According to Saitek documentation, it's not necessary for a "typical" user but if used, will increase the functionality of the controller. At this point, I'm not trying to increase functionality. All I'm initially after is solid basic control of ailerons, elevator, throttle, prop and mixture.I did however receive a second throttle quadrant today that was delayed so I thought, let's see if this works for a twin turbo prop, the PMDG 1900C. Well, it works better than the first quad that came with the yoke. By that I mean all levers produce the same amount of movement but, it introduces another X, Y and Z axis that conflicts with the X, Y and Z axis on the yoke. Move the X axis lever on the second quadrant and the ailerons move as well. Same same for the elevator. You can program each device in FSX to control what you want but, at the end of the day, the conflict remains.I called Saitek Tech Support and all I got from them was, you need to create a profile. I installed the SST software and no where can I find a way to rename or remap the duplicate axes so, conflict still exists within FSX. Now, I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to "programming" but, it seems simple to me that FS can't have duplicate axes. What am I missing?So, to answer an inquiry earlier in this thread about setting up a six lever quad for the 744, I'm having no luck setting up a six lever quad for a twin turbo prop. The Tech I talked to said it's a new product and clearly had no idea. He excused himself a couple times to I assume, consult with someone or something but, his last advice was still, create a profile. He also suggested that creating a profile would clean up the calibration issues I've been having. I wonder if it would work on acne as well. Another brick wall.I'm not finding any help on forums from users who are having sucess with this including the Saitek forum. This second quadrant has just introduced another layer of frustration. Anyone here have any ideas. I want this to work but apparently I'm not smart enough to accomplish that.Randy

Guest SVA121

Hi Randy Maybe the First Yoke set is bad and needs to be returned. I too have 2 sets and they are working fine, I'm flying the Queen and the 737 utlizing Flaps, Spoilers, and throttle along with Throttle reverse.Confirm you have 2 profile editors installed? one for each set.Make sure you have sensetivity setting in FS on the far right.Regards,Mohammed

Guest rblaha

Mechanically, I believe the yoke/TQ and additional TQ work. When testing them both outside of FS through Windows "Game Controllers", they both work. Maybe not as precisely as I had hoped but, they work. Sensitivity and deadzone settings in FSX are set correctly and I have two profile editors installed. The problem of duplicate axes is still there.If you are confirming what Saitek Tech Support told me about needing to create profiles with the SST software in order to make the duplicate axis issue go away, herein lies my problem. I guess I just don't understand how to remove the conflict with the profile editor. I messed around with the profile editor last night for several hours. I read and re-read the documentation and tried everything I could think of but, FS still sees a conflict with duplicate axes.My frustration level has reached it's limit with this equipment and/or software. I'm trying to decide now if I'll get more satisfaction from boxing it up and sending it back or taking it out to the driveway and rolling over it a few times with my 1 ton Super Duty. I'm pretty sure it's just me and my lack of understanding about the programming required but, enough is enough. Tech Support was no help and I continue to come up empty searching for help in forums.I used to be a rabid Nascar sim racer and went through a similar experience with "affordable" wheels and pedals. Over the years, I bought one of each in search of one that was reliable and worked out of the box. I finally threw the big bucks at an ECCI wheel and pedals and spent the next couple months asking myself why I didn't go there in the first place. Worth every nickel and a joy to use. It's looking like that's the direction for FS as well. I'm a firm believer in, you get what you pay for.Thanks for your comments and suggestions but I'm off to the CirrusPFC site to do some shopping.Randy

Randy and Mohammed,Maybe someone in the know with a working system could post here a brief how to of the steps to get the system set up correctly?Greg

Greg Clark

Guest SVA121

>Randy and Mohammed,>>Maybe someone in the know with a working system could post>here a brief how to of the steps to get the system set up>correctly?>>GregHi Greg,At Saitek's offecial forum there are instruction for the setup, and Video Tutorials too.Regards,Mohammed

hi alli just got the saitek yoke and i am using it for the PMDG 747, however on a few test flights to get the feel of the yoke, i felt i am always fighting with the aircraft as i try to maintain level altitude, it either pitches up or pitches down and i have to use the yoke hard to keep in on track, i have adjusted the sensitivities to full but this doesnt change anything, how do i trim the plane in the air, or is there something i should be looking at with the saitek yoke?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest Tamadeez

That's how you shock the heart of a 2007 thread back to life lol