Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sam_Hampson

PMDGOPTIONS.dll Trouble

Sam and Stephen,Sam ,have you done a complete uninstall and tidy up as requested by several people? Until you can confirm that you have carried out that task no one can really help! We all fly PMDG NG models and this appears to be the first problem of this kind.If I was in the same situation instead of posting "anyone help" on a regular basis perhaps getting on with checking out your individual set up will provide a clean starting pointThen reinstall FS and then just PMDG models then try it out.If it works PMDG is not at fault something else is!Stephen ,can you post what actions you have carried out on your system.Did you do a clean install having taken the time to remove all of the existing folders?You say that this problem still persists,what is running alongside FS?RegardsNorman Bowman

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello.I followed the advice and completely un-installed everything FS related, all the folders in programs as well.I just wanted to know what hardware i should update on my PC before attempting to re-install everything.Regards, Sam Hampson

Guest StephanG

Today i deinstalled my FSNavigator and make then a testflight. And the result: all was perfect, no errors. I will make some testflights the next days.

Hi Stephen,Computers can be annoying rhings working well one minute then all over the place. Glad to hear your good news the culprit may just needto be reinstalled.Its a pain but it is the only way to get to the bottom of the problemRegardsNorman Bowman

SamHave you defragged your hard drive also?This can make a big difference.Updating hardware will not solve your problem!RegardsNorman Bowman

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello.Thanks for the replies!I certainly hope i can get it fixed if it is FSnav causing the problem.... Would be a real pain if it was, as that is what i use for all my flights!I will report back soon...Regards, Sam Hampson

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello.Just tried it.. and it has happened AGAIN!Although it seemed to happen after i installed Squawkbox, so i have a strong feeling it is FSUIPC (thats what its called?)Any help would be appreciated.Sam

Sam,Remove Squawkbox and try a flight(a short one EGCC to EGPF)and use NG.If this flight is OK reload Squawkbox and try again.If a problem occurs the culprit is Squawkbox.You might try the other system FSInn and see what happens otherwise check out the squawkbox FAO pages and support.RegardsNorman

Guest Sam_Hampson

Thanks Norman.the strange thing is the problem was happening before i un-installed FS with Squawkbox un-installed. Therefore, i think that it must be FSUPICSam

Sam-get the latest version of FSUIPC at Pete Dowson's forum. It should be ~3.76x something and you'll find it here:http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=41519FSUIPC is also an integral part of a properly functioning PMDG product, so without it, you'll face lots of problems. That's definitely NOT your culprit.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello.I un-installed squawkbox then updated FSUIPC but still no luck! Once again FS crashed :(It must be FSUIPC conflicting with something on my PC, im sure of it!Sam Hampson

Guest Sam_Hampson

Could it possibly be something with my PC set up? not enough memory etc?Sam Hampson

If you're constantly switching in and out of the sim (i.e. windowed mode) with addons, you now need to stop doing that and run the sim in full screen only.This is a known issue with FS9.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello.I only run FS in windowed mode, so i doubt its that.Im certain it has something to do with FSUIPC, as i only got the problem after installed Squawkbox.It's a very irritating problem because i can't fly the PMDG aircraft without deleting the PMDGOPTIONS.dll.Please helpSam

Sam,It's probably NOT FSUIPC and most certainly NOT PMDG's .dll file. If it was you'd probably get an actual hard error message directly stating that those files were the problem.FSUIPC is used for nearly every single type of addon expect sceneries. What is plausible is that you may have selected and option in the PMDG options menu within FS that somehow your system doesn't like and that's causing a slow meltdown on your PC.What I'd do is first though, is double check the FAQ's of Squawk Box (SB) and the options in SB from within FS to make sure you haven't accidentally selected an option which conflicts with any other addons or your PC itself. Maybe then contact Joel, the author, check his forums and the SB forums at VATSIM for other insight.Pete D., the author of FSUIPC and also has his own forums.It sounds to me that if you're having this problem only after installing and running SB, that your problem is somewhere there.Deleting the PMDG .dll file is only treating a symptom of your problem and not fixing the actual problem, thus giving you the illusion that your problem lies somewhere within PMDG or FSUIPC.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply