Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Sam_Hampson

PMDGOPTIONS.dll Trouble

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello all.I am having some major trouble with my PMDGOPTIONS.dll.When i installed the PMDG 737 FS kept breaking after about 40 minutes flying. I would loose the tab bar at the top of flight simulator and i wouldn't be able to right click anything on my computer.http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/8788/fscrashgd2.jpgThe problem looked like that.I deleted the PMDGOPTIONS.dll and all was good. Although i lost the PMDG tab at the top.When i installed the 744 the other day it re-installed the PMDGOPTIONS.dll. Now i am getting the same problem as before :( I tried to delete it but when i do FS refuses to run the PMDG 744 :(Any help would be appreciated!Sam

Sam-deleting PMDGOptions.DLL basically kills your entire PMDG simulation experience. You should NOT do that.Instead, you need to find out what *other* addon you have installed lately which is causing a problem with your menus. Usual culprits are addons that don't play nice with the menubar, handling it incorrectly. We have received reports that Walk&Follow does this, but in your case it might be a different one. You need to do some sleuthing...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hi.The only add on i have installed are FSNavigator.I used to have the problem last year as well so i doubt its any other add on.Sam

Sam,I have FSNav as well and have no problems.Could you take a screenshot of your Flight Simulator 9Modules folder in Windows Explorer and post it?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You also have FS Passengers, among others.(If I had a dime for all the people who claimed "I only have 'blah' installed" :-) )I'd say try uninstalling other addons until you see where the conflict is. Then, see if there's an updated version from the developer of the addon that conflicts.We'll be here to help!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Sam_Hampson

Whoops forgot about FS pax!I am just doing some short hops now and seeing how it goes. Someone sent me their PMDGOPTIONS.dll so maybe it will work, although im very doubtful.I will let you know, Sam

Guest Sam_Hampson

Well i tried it and it did it again :(Seems to just randomly happen during the flight.This time the whole of FS shut down instead of just 'breaking' :(Sam

Guest Sam_Hampson

Anyone :( ?

Guest Sam_Hampson

Just a little update.Did some more flying with activesky turned off but FS still froze and shut down after landing at MAN. Seems to happen after 40minutes of flying :( Therefore i highly doubt it is an add-on causing the problem.Sam

Guest andyman

Same thing happens to me, but it happens after 45 minutes. I've tried deactivating all modules except fsuipc.dll and PMDGOPTIONS.dll. The sim crashes on any plane if pmdgoptions.dll is active. If it is inactive, I can fly even the most complex airplanes without a problem.

Guest Sam_Hampson

Do you know what the problem is Andy?It's a real pain having this problem stop me flying what is an awesome piece of kit :(Any help would be appreciated

Guest Sam_Hampson

Does anybody know the problem :(?

Guest StephanG

I have the same problem :-( Anyone help?

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now