Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sam_Hampson

PMDGOPTIONS.dll Trouble

Guest Sam_Hampson

Would be nice if some of the PMDG team could try and help us, seems like a common problem!

I thought I was clear above that I was waiting for you to give me some feedback on methodical work on your part, with removing all other addons, and then adding them back one-by-one to see which one is responsible for the conflict.I would do it for you, but unfortunately I don't have access to your PC ;-).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hi.I have tried it without the add-on's yet it still happens.I got another email off another user saying he bought a new PC and the problem still happened. I honestly don't know what it could be :(Sam

Sam-we have many tens of thousands of users and this is the first I hear of this problem, except for the instances where a conflict with another addon appears.You'll need to start giving us further details I am afraid... we will need full PC specs, hardware and software, what version of FS2004 you're running, which version of the 737, as MUCH and ALL information you can present so we can play detective.Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest StephanG

I have FS 9.1 and the PMDG- 800/-900 Version 1.1. My PC:Windows XP SP2AMD Dual Core 4800+2GB RAMATI X1650 GTOMy FS2004:FSNavPMDG 737-800/-900Level D 767Wilco 737-300/-400/-500FSUIPC 3.7FSInn

Guest Sam_Hampson

Right... Heres my attempt, not very good with computers!My PC:Windows XP SP2512mb RAMIntel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz (whatever that means)Radeon X3000 graphics cardMy FS2004:FSNavigatorPMDG 737-600/700PMDG 747-400/FFSPassengersActivesky 6Please let me know if you need any more information.Sam

Are you using FS9.1? and have you deleted your files too before you loaded each one individually again?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hi.yes i am using FS9.1.And no i have not un-installed each add on, maybe i should do that?Sam

Sam,The absolute best way to figure this out is gonna be the following - I know this might be a pain but this is how I'd troubleshoot this:1. Uninstall everything from Add/Remove programs - FS itself included. Make sure the actual folders are gone (look in Program Files, My Documents, Documents and Settings/(your name)/Application Data/Microsoft and remove anything related to FS9)2. Do a general system clean up, remove any unnecessary stuff running in the system tray, run some spyware and AV scans. Run Windows Update, and then go to your hardware manufacturer websites and update all your drivers. (the big ones are chipset, video and sound)3. Reinstall plain vanilla FS9, install the 9.1 patch and then run it and set up the display, options etc.4. Install the 737 and any updates for it, followed by the latest FSUIPC.Now see if you're still getting the problem. If you are it's very likely that there's some sort of hardware or software issue external to FS9 that's causing this. If you don't see the problem, start installing the rest of your addons one by one until it reproduces - you then have the culprit. You should be going to the maker's sites after each install and getting any updates/patches to make sure everything is totally current.Like I said, I know this is a pain to do, but this is the only way to narrow down a cause with a strange issue like this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Sam_Hampson

HelloMany thanks for the detailed reply.I will start to do all the above steps tomorrow once i am home from school and have a bit of spare time.Kind Regards, Sam

Before you do, a 'system restore' may help?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Sam_Hampson

Hello.I finally managed to un-install FS and the various add on's.Before i re-install flight sim i wanted to ask...What 'hardware' should i update before i re-install everything?Thanks

Guest Sam_Hampson

Anyone have an idea?

Guest StephanG

I had already reinstalled the FS9 with the PMDG but the same problem.

Guest Sam_Hampson

Still no one?