Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

747 in FSX

So it looks like I'm going to have to purchase FSX to get the FS9 upgrade.. Not ideal but no big deal since I have to buy it at some point anyway. If I install FSX will it effect my fs9 install in any way? (I remember reading a post a while back where the user had problems) How much space does fsx with no addon's use? my drives are maxed with music etc, I only have 30gigs left. I have the money for a big upgrade but want to wait until the next batch of GPU's come out.ThanksRob Prest

Rob Prest

I have had issues with FSX corrupting the FS9 install and rendering some addons unusable. It is not an issue anymore since I finally uninstalled FS9. I just wasn't using it any more with all the addons that make FSX amazing. The 744X was the last nail in the coffin for FS9 I am afraid. Oh I believe FSX requires a lot of space it comes on two DVDs. i am not at home so I can't check the stats.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have both running on the same HD without any problem. I was in the same position as you regarding space and got a 200GB Maxtor external drive for music and videos from Amazon (UK)at a reasonable price.

Thanks for the Info, I dont mind moving to FSX but I have a very complex home cockpit setup and it would be a Major pain in the butt to get it working with fsx... I'm currently flying online on vatsim right now and the queen's humming along smoothly so I'm starting to think 'do I even realy need this fs9 patch so badly?'Rob

Rob Prest