Sign in to follow this  
JBMH777

Climb perfromance FSX 747x

Hello Simmers,My experience with 747x under FSX(Sp1) Windows XP and Vista(32) on short hauls.I saw some strange behaviours!!Systems: XP(sp2) and Vista both equiped with Core 2 Duo E6700, 2gb memory and ATI 1900 videocard.1) After take off the plane climb very fast (quick accelaration) it takes only one-third/half of the runway and even the landing the plane needs only a minimum of the runway. It looks like if the plane is empty. The load of the plane is ZFW = 540000lbs and 100000lbs of fuel. I check all the settings. Payload and Fuel figures looks the same as in the loadmanager. FMC has the correct settings. Test the loadmanager with FSX running and without and saw no difference in behaviour.2) In cruise the altitude tape is jumping like a dolphin. Eq from 27900 - 28100 even when you go to lower altitude the plane become more unstable and also the thrust is unsettled. Did not notice any difference in the wind direction.3) Many of the view options eq Shift-Backspace, Shift-enter doesn't function. Perhaps a FSX issue?Does anyone else recognize this and have any idea to get the plane function properly.Thanks in advance.Regards,Hans

Try performance at max (875,000 instead of 640,000), you'll sense the true feeling of heavy. The distance required to climb to 10,000 more than doubles (from about 12 nm to 25 nm).Note at cruise altitude the wind doesn't shift but the IAS and ALT does, this is due to FSX bug causing shifts in pressure. The folks at HiFiSim (ActiveSky) are working on this but it is a FSX problem.Many of the FS9 key combinations have changed. Check out the new and many more settings in FSX in the Options-Assignments section. I've blown all away except the ones I use to give me flexibility in assignment of the PMDG options.Most agree the plane functions "properly."

Dan Downs KCRP

I haven't read the whole post but I can asure you that the climb performance is more then just fine.A couple of days ago I was at my local airport(Maastricht, The Nethelands) spotting the Cargolux B744F and at departure to Luxembourg (which is only 80NM), completely empty as usual, he only required 800M to get airborne and the climb performance was incredible!

I've seen it with my own eyes.Having witnessed perhaps a 1000 take-offs at KSFO as kid and young adult I can say I've seen 747's use only half of the 7500' RNWY 1R at SFO and climb to 2500' while still over the runway ...looks like a rocket.er, rnwy 1L

100,000lbs is only 50,000Kg of fuel (I work in KG) that's really not all that much to be honest with you.. I'd expect very good takeoff and climb performance at the weight you are talking about.. As has been suggested try a configuration where the aircraft is actually close to it's maximum fuel weight.. your weight is only 650,000lbs.. The aircraft can be 875,000lbs at MTOW that's a 225,000lbs difference.. more than a 30% increase at 112,500Kgs more! Looking at these figures as examples, perhaps you can see why you're performance at that weight is so good, because at those weights it really should be amazing really.As for the bobbing, it is an FSX issue I believe.. Does anyone have suggestions as to what settings to apply within FSX to ensure this effect is cancelled?CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL