Sign in to follow this  
lefteris

PMDG OS & App Detect utility (FSX only)

Awesome Lefteris, Thank you. I will give it a try. Out of interest, I was able to have the PMDG menu remember my keyboard commands only when I ran FSX as Administrator. I only figured this out today. I've posted this detail elsewhere in this forum. I'm sure this is related as it would appear that some file was not being written to to save this info as Vista was likey preventing it. And yes, my FSX is in the default program files location.Do you run this everytime you start FSX or is it a once off? Also, does it affect only FSX or any application wrt writing to files.GregH

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Guest Liftwaffel

I've installed it, but still I can't save any settings (options). They go back to default the moment I exit the menu.OS Version:-----------Windows Vista (Home Premium), (Media Center Edition), (Multiprocessor Free), (x86-32 Processor) v6.0 Build:6000FSX Version:------------10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2.20071210-2023)FSX Setup Path:---------------C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimConnect Version:-------------------10.0.61259.0 (FSX SP2/Accel Pack)PMDG 747-400X Version:----------------------2.00.0031PMDGOptions.DLL Version:------------------------10.0.61355.17PMDGSounds.DLL Version:------------------------10.0.61355.17PMDGEvents.DLL Version:------------------------10.0.61355.17Any suggestions?And I still don't have any secret TOGA button (screw).Regards,Ulf

Ulf-One suggestion only: You need to run the tool as administrator.The top-left screw on the 2d panel MCP is the TOGA button.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Liftwaffel

Thanks, that took care of that problem. TOGA screw only works in 2D, that explains why I can't find it in VC.I have a couple of Q's: In VC, I'm seated very close to the glareshield in order to get a normal view of the PFD and ND. I use Track IR, and it's nearly impossible for me to look up and see the overhead panel from this position. I can barely see the light switches as the rest is too far back. I can't shift my eye reference point via the normal FSX commands, either. I've adjusted the seat as far back as possible. Is this something I've just got to live with, or can I adjust this in any way? (except changing view). My resolution is set to 1680X1050.In a strange way, the aircraft seem "to big" compared to buildings, jetways, even the runway when I look out the window.I use a second monitor for the FMC and pedestal panels. Is it normal for the "extra" FMC on the pedestal to be blank? When I look down (VC), it's working.I'm really impressed by this product. The only place where it (and all other addon aircraft I've got) is not behaving in a realistic way, is when I start to taxi. There is no way a real aircraft starts to move 1 second after moving the throttles. A Cessna 172 yes, a 747, no.Minor issues, as this is the best addon aircraft at the moment.Any timeframe on the NGX?Regards,Ulf