Sign in to follow this  
Ben Johnson

B747-400 FSX Load Manager Accessing Internet?

Hi folks,I'm curious as to why everytime I launch the 747-400 FSX Load Manager it attempts to access the internet?Is it reporting data back to PMDG or attempting to retrieve data needed for the load manager?I'm not accusing PMDG of anything, so please do not read anything into this; I'm just curious as to the behavior.Regards,Bob Lyddy

Just lauched mine and didn't see any flicker on my network... how have you determined it is communicating?

Hi Dan,I have McAfee Security Center installed and it detects it as part of its SystemGuard. The details of the alert are Location: F:FSXPMDG747400_LoadManager.exe is requesting access to the internet.Bob

Perhaps it does the first time it's launched for verification. I launched my copy again watching my connections log and didn't see any hits.Edit: There it is.. found on my activities log viewer: An instance of "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XPMDG747400_LoadManager.exe" is preparing to access the Internet.I see the activity but no connection established. Interesting.

Gents-it's not accessing the "Internet" per se - it's opening a SimConnect session with FSX which in itself is a TCP/IP connection. The misnomer comes from your firewall program which calls any TCP/IP connection (even one with 'localhost') an Internet connection.I wouldn't worry if I were you: I haven't coded the Load Manager to phone home (yet anyway :-)).