Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

FSX SP2 released 14 Dec 2007

I have found this announced on simFlight. I hope it can serve as a placeholder for SP2 experiences. I am installing immediately.Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Are there not some issues with the PMDG FSX 747 and SP2? If so I don't want to install it..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Craig,What issues do you believe there to be?R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Well if you look at the install instructions it says don't install the accelleration pack.. so that has SP2.. so.. I am not sure I would install it until they've vetted it..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest Scousefox9

Craig, I looked at the install instructions but did not find the warning you referred to. If you could kindly quote it then I would be very grateful.If one of the PMDG team could also give some advice concerning the installation of FSX SP2 and whether they recommend waiting or not, I would also very much appreciate that.

http://www.simflight.com/modules.php?name=...rticle&sid=9968Quote:Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2 addresses these post-release customer concerns (see the Readme file for details): Multiplayer compatibility with Flight Simulator X: Acceleration and DirectX 10 preview. Important notes: If you have already installed Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion pack, do not install Service Pack 2. If you do not have Acceleration installed you must install Service Pack 1 before installing Service Pack 2. Download at FS Insider

Guest Scousefox9

William, I saw that notice on the site but I thought Craig was talking about a warning in the PMDG installation notes regarding possible issues with PMDG 747X and SP2.

Hi Craig!I have not installed Acceleration, so I should be clear to install SP2. What a mess the install procedures are becoming!Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Guest Scousefox9

I did a quick search and didn't find anybody posting any problems due to SP2. As a bonus (well it is Christmas), I found this post my Lefteris:'The answer is yes, we're 100% compatible with Acceleration Pack - and you might even notice a *slight* performance gain with it, as SimConnect performs a bit faster in SP2/Accel pack.'Good enough for me!

Guest ALFS

FSX SP2 installed. No visible problems noticed with FSX and PMDG 747-400X. Windows Vista Business + FSX.