Sign in to follow this  
Guest diegodmb

Problem with radio tunning

Guest diegodmb

Hi:When using NavRad page of the fmc I can

"Any ideas?"The first group of frequencies you listed were VOR frequencies...and the second group of frequencies you listed were ILS frequencies. Are you entering them on the right line of the NAV RAD page in the correct format as shown in the manual (or FAQ's)?Cheers.Q> イアン

Hi QWhat is the difference between Freq of a VOR and a ILS ?@ diegodmb : Is that your real name?But Q was right when he say that you must enter ILS in proper format and on the right place, otherwise you will get the error message you discribe !

Guest diegodmb

Thanks, The problem was solve. I was entering an ILS freq in the VOR space. Now I realice the ILS gon on 4L key.Thanks

If the frequency is below 112.00 and the FIRST number after the decimal point is an "odd" number, then it is an ILS. e.g. 108.10, 108.15, 108.3, 108.35 108.50, 108.55, 108.7....VOR frequencies have "even" decimals (including "0") up to 112.00, e.g. 108.0, 108.05, l08.20, 108.25, 108.40, 108.45 108.60, etc, but all frequencies above 112.00 are VOR (No ILS frequencies).Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Q> Ян