Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

Saitek Yoke a dream

Just thought I would post given all the negative comments about them. Mine has finally arrived after a 3 month wait. Hooked it up and was up and running in minutes.One thing I did not do though was install the Saitek drivers and I use FSUIPC for all the calibration and key mappings. This does mean the clock does not work but the timer still stil.I have now flown several flights with it and it is much nicer than the CH Products one I have as it is much smoother and has a nicer feel to it. Landings are much easier to control. I also have the extra quadrant so now have 4 throttles, a flap lever and a speed brake lever all set to work as they should. Even have separate reversers.Just my 2 cents worth.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Guest thx1137

My CH stuff is sitting in the cupboard now that I have my Saitek yoke and peddles. The design is certainly far superior.One handed operation is wonderful and a boon when tuning radios, using throttles, etc.Steven.

Does the Saitek yoke use the same system as CH - ie springs? If so, does it have increasing load as more elevator applied? Or, have they found s way around that?Thanks

Guest thx1137

I never noticed on the saitek but after having a test it is probably the same tension for the first half of the travel then gets harder. Steven.

Mine seems about the same throughout the length of travel. Shame it does not have feedback on it so that it gets tougher the more out of trim you are. It certainly has a better feel about it in all aspects. Also using FSUIPC and compound buttons allows the use of the mode switch so that one button allows more than one thing. Example is for the ATC I have it send 1, 2, or 3 depending on what the mode switch is in.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Hi John,Do i understand you correct as you said that there is no need to install the saitek drivers and still able to program (via FSUIPC) the different buttons WITH three different shift modes ?Merry christmas to all and a fine and happy 2008 ...

Guest over and out

I have been considering this yoke, but have read all those "negatives". Maybe they have worked out the bugs?Does anyone know?JSCServer PC: Dell XPS Gen2P 3.2 GHz; 2G mem; ATI 1950X 512m; Saitek X-45 and Pedals; TrackIR; Dell 24

I too have the Saitek system and have had good performance with it. Since I constantly switch between aircraft, I did install the Saitek software to create the profiles. I is very easy to work with BUT it did a number on my system. It took me about 3 months to get everything back to normal. If you know how to use FSUIPC, don't touch the Saitek drivers.For the yoke, it is nice but I have a small deadzone in the ailerons that makes fine turns irritating for me. Other than that, I never had the CH system so I can't comment on it's feel in comparison but it does feel very sturdy. The timer is also very useful on Concorde flights during my acceleration. The throttles are great except it's a bit difficult to move the levers out of the idle position. Also, there is a button press if you move the levers past idle so you can use that for reverse. The only problem is that it's like hitting F2 once, not pressing and holding to achieve full reverse. I simply use a button below the throttles for reverse. That way I can either command idle reverse or full.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png