Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

pmdg airac and sid stars

Guest stevepow

ok its been a while since i have flown. i am now usinf the pmdg 747-400x windows vista and fsx.I seem to be having a problem finding the Airac and the sid and stars i belieave it is now 801. is it true that we now need to pay for this????? and if we do how much is it? when i went to the navdata sit i did see the download for the airac but when i hit download all i did not see anything for pmdg. can you help me out. also dont i nee 2 seperate downloads one for the pmdg and one for the fsx flight sim. please explain.

Hello Steven, This URL should answer most of your questions: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSJust to clarify. Airac's are now 'payware' from Navigraph. Most serious simmers would be using this service. With this come SIDSTARS if you want them or you can download from the other sources mentioned in the link.'also dont i nee 2 seperate downloads one for the pmdg and one for the fsx flight sim. please explain.'Not sure where you are coming from here but if you follow the Navigraph path you should be right to go. Be careful however, as the Navigraph installer may place the data in the wrong place. This is explained in a 'sticky' at the start of this forum.RegardsJock McIntyre (YMML)

Jock McIntyre

Guest stevepow

thank you very much for the info. what i meant about the 2 downloads were the airacs and the sid and stars downloads. but the cycle 801 that i downloaded from the internet and a install file that installed the airac and the sid and stars to the right folder. i thought i had to download 2 things but the installation took care of both things.

That is correct. Navigraph now provides sidstars with airac data. Eventually, Stefan will get the install process right. Terry Yingling still provides his US-UK sidstar files at http://planepath.com and I provide customized US sidstars in the AVSIM library (when it is working). My latest is sidstar_cycle_0802.zip.... but you'll have to wait for the library to come back up.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry to barge in here, and ask what's probably a dumb question, BUT.... If the CDU shows the correct ref number, ie 0801, can i then assume that the files have been correctly placed? Or is that asking a bit much? :7

Not a dumb question, that info comes from one of the files in the navdata folder.. they are in the correct place. The install error is for the sidstar files that should be in the pmdg/sidstars folder. If they are in the wrong place you will still see the correct number on the info page.

Dan Downs KCRP

Only just spotted this reply Dan. Thanks. Guess now i have to go trudge through that thread.I do so resent it when payware ain't corrected.