Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrJonez

Where do I get the DXT3 liveries?

Guest DrJonez

I recently bought the 747-400X. It looks like a great product, but even on my fairly modern, high powered PC it runs like absolute garbage :( Without the 747, I can run FSX on fairly high settings and manage 25-30 fps most of the time. With the 747, I get 12-14 fps tops even with every other detail setting in the game turned to the lowest possible setting. It's really frustrating, to say the least.I've tried all the various performance tweaks included, such as adjusting the panel refresh rate, and the other suggestions made in the manual. None seemed to help, or have much appreciable effect.There are multiple places where DXT3 textures are mentioned, but there is ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION on where to obtain these. I've just spent a frustrating hour and a half digging through Google trying to find them, and they're nowhere to be found. Not on the PMDG website, not in their wiki, and no information seems to be on any third party sites either.Needless to say, I'm rather annoyed :( I just want to fly my new plane, and I can't because it's running so terribly :(So, where can I get these DXT3 textures? And might I suggest making it easier for customers to find them since they're mentioned in your documentation.I'd appreciate any help! Thank you :)

I've been getting 12-14 fps since the 747X came out and that seems to be sufficient. I'd like more but the motion is very fluid. Seems the fps rate meaning between FSX and FS9 is different.All the liveries are at the PMDG side, follow the download tab.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest DrJonez

>I've been getting 12-14 fps since the 747X came out and that>seems to be sufficient. I'd like more but the motion is very>fluid. Seems the fps rate meaning between FSX and FS9 is>different.>>All the liveries are at the PMDG side, follow the download>tab.Yes, I've found the liveries, but none of them say whether they're 32 bit or DXT3. I downloaded one and installed it, then loaded it up and my frame rate was still terrible, so I assume the one I got wasn't DXT3.12-14 fps means 12-14 fps no matter which game you're playing. It's awful and choppy at that level for me. It's very frustrating to spend $60 on something only to find that no attention has been paid to making the plane flyable on anything less than a $5000 computer. I can't even imagine how awful it would be if I had the minimum system requirements listed on the box. :[

Guest DrJonez

When I had a problem with Active Sky, those guys responded to my issue the same day and helped me solve it.This should be an easy thing to link me to, and yet still no answer.Sigh.

Unless something has changed since I read about it last, PMDG didn't release DXT3 textures.

There was very little performance gain using DXT3 so none were released.

Guest DrJonez

>There was very little performance gain using DXT3 so none>were released.3) We have provided many free add-on liveries to enhance your enjoyment of the PMDG 747-400. The livery installers are capable of installing the livery of your choice in DXT3 format, or 32Bit format. DXT3 format is a very slight reduction in quality from 32Bit textures- but offers a dramatic improvement in frame rates. That's straight from the manual.And even a small increase to performance would be better than none :(Thanks for answering my question, though.