Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cbrtan313

FMC

Hi guys,I have a problem that I have never seen nor read about ever. I loaded the 737-800, engines running and brought up the FMC. There was no menu or anything on the screen. Also, I tried selecting the A/T switch and the indicator light would not light, but was on in the MFD panel also, the CMD and the FD were also on in the MFD but the indicator light would not work.I have tried to attach a few screen shots but was unable too. Why, I don't know, but for whatever reason, I still have this problem.I've tried clicking below to choose attachments, but it doesn't work either. Could really use some help with this one fellas.Thanks,Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The engines may be running but if the electrical isn't set up you'll see this. The autothrottle won't arm unless the preflight is completed, which requires setting up the FMC.Have you looked at the manuals yet? Lots of info there, the PMDG aircraft are much more complex than the default stuff.

Hi Dan,Thanks for that info. I always thought when you load an aircraft, and the engines are running, that everything else was ready to go except setting up your flight. Will definitely check out those suggestions and see if that isn't the problem. Let you know.Regards,Ron

Is it possible that the blank FMC screen may be related to missing fonts? (Taken from Q&A on PMDG website):--------Problem: FMC is blank with all other instruments normalThis is caused by missing fonts that are required for the FMC display. The font names are LUCON, ARIALN and ARIALNB. Installing these fonts into the Windows/Fonts folder will restore the FMC display. --------Neven

Hi Dan,Just what to say thanks for the suggestion you mentioned, so I tried checking the overhead panel and found out the electrical wasn't set up. Checked the manual and bingo all is fixed. I guess I ought to read the manual a couple more times and you know what they say, "practice makes perfect". If I get stumped, I'll know where to go for answers before I check at the forum.Have a good day.:-) Ron