Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiwi54

How to install files in 747-400X.

Hi,I'm new to PMDG 747-400X but have made my first take off and landing following Jane Whittaker's articles in PC PILOT.Ome thing I canot get the hang of is how to install the 3 files .sav, .FLT and .WX in 747-400X. The file structute in 747-400X seems to be different from that in FS9. I'd like to install the PMDG files in FSX for the type rating courses and also the cold/dark scenario from this website:http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/but I'm stuck. I'm sure there's an easy answer so hoping someone can help me out.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Welcome, but first I'd like to point out that this forum has a rule that asks we all sign our posts with our real names.The files are kept in the settings and documents section, look into the my documents folder where there should be a FSX settings folder.The 747X uses the same structure as the rest of FSX, except there is a PMDG folder with the root directory of the game where there are some files and folders but not the .sav .flt .wx etc..Hope this helps.

Thanks Dan.Your answer works fine.P.S. I'll sign future posts with my real name.Peter Mitchell.

Hi Dan,I use Vista, will FSX recognize .sav files instead of .fssave in the "Flight Simulator X Files" folder?Dziem vuong