Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rgamurot

Windows XP SP3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It's been fine for me...

"It's been fine for me"...What has been fine with you...the change to SP3 or the lack of SP3?jack

>"It's been fine for me"...>>What has been fine with you...the change to SP3 or the lack of>SP3?I'm gonna go out on a limb here and, using my psychic powers, estimate that Ryan meant he has installed 3 and everything is working just fine, subsequently. :-)-Jon Houston

Excellent powers of deduction there Jon, I think you hit the nail on the head. I have been on SP3 for a couple days now with no noticeable side effects noticed good or bad. I think for the most part it's chalked full of patches you should've already had installed anyways.Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

I have been on SP3 for a couple days>now with no noticeable side effects noticed good or bad. I>think for the most part it's chalked full of patches you>should've already had installed anyways.Then why bother with it?

Yes I meant it was fine after installing it...You should ALWAYS install service packs in my opinion unless there's some serious known issue with doing it - it ensures you have all of the updates (some of which are things that weren't released on Windows Update) and it cements them into the core OS files. SP3 does contain things that aren't already released updates too. If you get it off Windows Update, it'll only install the things you need, it doesn't have to DL the whole 300MB package.