Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulyg123

Installing New Update

OK:I just downloaded the new Patch for the 747 for FSX. Can someone give me the folder and path to install it.I wish it was self extracting, but it looks I need to direct the extraction to the correct folder.Thank YouPaul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XIF you are using default paths................was this a trick question?Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Hi Paul,The patch comes in a .zip file. Extract it anywhere you choose. Once it's extracted, there's a readme and an executable file named PMDG747_400_FSX_2.10_Update_Setup.exe. Click on that .exe file and it automatically installs itself.Regards,Jim Karn

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure if it was self installing. It worked out fine. I was asking such a smple question because I am having difficulty locating folders in Vista. Sometimes they don't seem to appear.Thanks again.

No problem. Try typing "folder options" in the Vista start menu search box. Click on View, and in the advanced section, place a check next to "Show hidden files and folders". Regards,Jim Karn