Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CapnOz

MD 11 Progress

PMDG, could your patiently waiting customers recieve a new update on the project. Last time we heard anything was the last annocment of the BETA at the end of APRIL. I know this was only speculation as always... But perhaps since you gave us that date, surely you have a better idea now, and can give us another estimated date of the beginning of beta. Further could you tell us what it is that is holding up the BETA transition. Im assuming you are working on animations still since we have NO screens of the FLAPS animations? Correct me if Im wrong please. Thank you.Peter

Peter Osborn

CRJ Captain

Total FS hours Logged:18,000+

Guest Jeffreymg

The last update was May 13th where it was told beta would begin at the end of April or beginning of May.This was written May 13th so I take it as beta had not started yet. JeffG

I fully understand that it is NOT in beta. But that is not my question.

Peter Osborn

CRJ Captain

Peter,We don't give release dates under any circumstances. Anything we say is an estimate. Obviously the beta estimate Robert posted was off. The MD-11 has a very advanced VNAV type of system called "PROF" mode and that's what's currently being worked on as well as autopilot tuning. It's going beta as soon as we finish those items. (which could be next week or it could be in a week or a month, we really don't know until it's done.)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey Ryan,Thanks for filling in the gap. I have been there from the day you announced the MD-11. I think we are getting use to the estimates being "off". I understand this happens from time to time, but it sure gets hopes up, only to be further frustrated when the estimates are "off" time and time again. Surely it frustrates the PMDG team as well. With that said...I do appreciate that you respond to inquires like this. Could you comment on the type of animations such as cargo loaders/GPU's and things on the ground that will be animated. Perhaps some screen shots if possible. Thanks again.

Peter Osborn

CRJ Captain

I'm sure they'll soon post an annoucement where they announce another announcement. Oh, I confused myself... :)

Best regards,
Marius S

I can say that we do not expect the beta to take very long once it happens - we have a large team of technical advisors who've been testing the plane throughout the alpha process, so a lot of the things we normally fix/add during beta are already done.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Can anyone recount the lengths of the beta tests for PMDGs projects? Like all the financial folks say, past performance is not a guarantee of future performance, but we all like to look for patterns.

Steve Perry

PMDG Beta Team

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $680.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now