Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

b737ng upgrade.

hi, putting aside PMDG finances, although they have a bearing, i feel, reading the daily posts, that FSX is still not all that it was cracked to be. i think that fs9 was and is a great platform for PMDG B737ng and B747-400 and presumably for MD11. if my analysis is correct, why should loyal customers of PMDG be denied the upgraded 737ng scheduled for FSX be included into fs9, as the MD11 is going into both platforms, why cant the 737ng. we all have the greatest respect for the PMDG team but fairness is a great quality. richard welsh

In my opinion, there is much about the ole' NG that they want to upgrade, such as functional VC, better graphics and animation and so on... all of which requires that they basically build a new platform.When they did this for the 747, their 6 mos estimate turned into about two years. I guess it's not that easy.I'm willing to wait for what will probably be a fantastic platform, plus I think they plan to redo the FMC to use ARINC 424 data same as the real machines. That will really be nice. That will provide for some very realistic sidstar procedures, and porting the data oughta be much easier.FSX is fine, the eye candy is better. The air models, wx engine and most of the airport/navdata stuff is pretty much the same as FS9. It's just that the eye candy is so processor demanding. As much as I prefer the short hops in the 737, I've pretty much resigned myself to the Queen in FSX until the NGX comes out. In all fairness, they have been very honest about their plans and they are open about not providing release dates. Seems fair.

Dan Downs KCRP

Umm what?We stated many months ago that both the MD-11 and NG 2.0 were going to be dual-platform FS9 and FSX.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com