Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

PMDG Boe 737ng Cat11 landings

hi all, I have been happy landing with the ILS using the 737ng 600-900 without any problems. However, i loaded a flight from KORD-KEWR using airac charts 0807. For change i tried a landing at KEWR rw4r cat11 and all the parameters were in place, speed 140kts, LOC ILS and G/S all captured, but when i selected the second A/P the yellow box on the PFD remained at single channel and the second A/P failed to light. where have i gone wrong. any help will be appreciated.richard welsh

Richard, you didn't mention if you had Vref selected. Usually a screen shot helps in a case like this.

Dan Downs KCRP

were you below 800 feet AGL ? cause dual a/p should be armed above this height.Bhaskar Krishna

>were you below 800 feet AGL ? cause dual a/p should be armed>above this height.>Isn't that 1500FT AGL, maybe I'm wrong, Richard, be sure to set the NAV2 frequency to the ILS too. At 500FT AGL you should get "FLARE" on the PFD as well.regards

thanks guys for your replies, i have taken on board your comments and on my second attempt i managed a CAT111 landing at klax RW 24R. sorry DOWNSCC but screenshots are not my forte.