Sign in to follow this  
Guest pegasus60

SPOOLS

Guest pegasus60

Is it possible to use thrust spool in 747x ? i have tried several ways and key comands without sucess , any help would be much appreciated .Joe T

Hi Joe,Can you elaborate a little? I'm not sure what you mean.Spooling refers to the increase or decrease in rotational energy within the engine as a response to changes in thrust setting, so you don't 'use' it as such, it simply happens.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest pegasus60

Hi mark , sorry , what i meant was when all take off settings are in place is there a keyboard command which you can use to spool up to throttle/take off speeds ? Joe T:-newbie

Don't you have a yoke or a stick with a throttle on it??You use the standard FS throttle commands:* F1 - Instant Idle* F2 - Reduce thrust slowly/reverse* F3 - Increase thrust slowly* F4 - Instant full-power.Best regards,Robin.

I guess maybe he means set TOGA? Just go into the PMDG options and set it to a free keyboard command them map it to a button on your throttle.Rob

Rob Prest

TOGA switch- see in the manual: Section 8 Page 11-Automatic Flight Mgmt Systems- AFDS Mode Control Panel--------I have mine mapped to Esc key and TOGA RESET to ` key for Rejected TO.Alex Reid