Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

AoA's new PMDG 747-400 Training DVD Preview #2

Captains-Chris Palmer at Angle of Attack has sent me another preview to share with all of you.This preview is a bit longer than the last one, and highlights some of the unique approaches that AoA uses to instruct and help you gain confidence with the airplane.This portion also shows off some of the really neat post-production capabilities that AoA has developed in order to give you some intersting and dramatic visuals with the DVD.You can watch the video here:http://www.vimeo.com/1413966I've been able to see quite a bit more of this training DVD- and it really is spectacular to look at- and useful for those who really strive to learn the 747-400 well.I've asked Chris to provide us with a release date on this product, and unfortunately he simply tore a page out of the PMDG Release Date Playbook- and refused to divulge except to say "Really Soon."I'll let you know when we learn more!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest SkullxBones

I realize these are just teasers and might not reflect the true content of the full DVD, but for training videos there seems more music and art shots than training. What's the ratio in the DVD of technical info to art shots?Jeff P.

I must ask the same question as Jeff. We can find many nice PMDG 744 videos on YouTube. Can we assume that AOA's DVD will contain much more systems/technical info/details than music and art shots?Please don't take this post the wrong way, it's intention is just to find out and not in any way to criticise anyone.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest CaptEm

Yes, im certain his dvd will contain alot of training material and info. I've watched his first 767 dvd and that one was very in depth and useful. Chris has also promised that this one will be 10 times better, so I have 100% faith in him. These small clips are just preview vids showing off the cool stuff.

Guest hadu

Captain Randazzo wrote:>Captains->>Chris Palmer at Angle of Attack has sent me another preview to>share with all of you.>>>I've asked Chris to provide us with a release date on this>product, and unfortunately he simply tore a page out of the>PMDG Release Date Playbook- and refused to divulge except to>say "Really Soon.">Unfortunately there are some firms that do not want to give release dates.Very unusual..I do not understand it either..... ;-) Hans

Hey guys,These are all legitimate questions and ones I expected from this particular preview. This particular section is an example of how things flow from one procedure to the next. In this case, you're seeing the tail end of a 7 minute procedure. The Visual just happens to have the shortest appraoch (it's easy) and the longest cinematic scene.The LLZ, VOR, ILS, and CATIII are all roughly a half hour in length a piece, but their cinematic scene at the end are generally smaller, as short as 1 minute. So, as you can see, there is some heavy meat and potatoes from the procedural perspective. You won't be going away hungry!The Training Course is over 6 hours long (so much we put it on 3 discs!), so we felt it important to 'break it up' with cinematic scenes like this. Otherwise, whether people like it or not, their brains start turning to mush. This gives you a chance to take a deep breath, settle down, and get ready for the next section.If you don't like it, the next chapter point will be the beginning of the next section. Just hit the forward button on your DVD player!The next preview will be about the same length, but I'm going to focus solely on the training content you guys are curious about. Keep things in perspective, as you're only seeing but a few minutes of the ENTIRE DVD. Hope you're enjoying the previews regardless! More to come soon.

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

ChrisThanks for getting back to us so quickly and taking our questions in the spirit they were intended :-)That's just the answer I wanted. I look forward to buying your DVD!Best!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hi Chris, I recently purchased your Level-D 767 training and I'm thrilled with it, its incredibly detailed, interesting and informative. I will definitely be purchasing your PMDG 747-400 DVD also. Is there any more planned projects for other addons?Thanks again, Anthony.

We do have a project planned, but right now we're focusing 100% on getting the 747 to market. Gotta make one successful before we can move on to the next ;)Thanks for the compliments!

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Guest Mower

Hey Chris, looks sweet, look forward to being one of your customers ASAP!

I look forward to it as well! Can't wait to see how you guys like this one.

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Hi Chris, I tried to look at the 767 DVD in your eCommerce site and got this message: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/aoamedia/public_html/store/templates/content/index_default.tpl.php on line 50????Thanks,Mark Tuma

Mark, please direct questions to our forums regarding the 767 DVD. Thanks. I'll shoot you a PM about this issue.

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Chris I have the 767 dvd and its great. I'm sure this one is just as good. You do a fantastic detailed job. I'll be purchasing this one also. Thanks again, Joe

This one is WAAAAY better ;) Believe me!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack