Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andres

Some Intersections in database PMDG (not found)

When making a flight plan I normally insert intersections manually. Lately (6 months or so) I come upon the following. From the FS9 I pick intersections that can also be seen in Fs Navigator. When I try to input in FMC some intersections shows up as "not in database". I probably need update for the PMDG but where?

First, gotta ask that you sign your name in this forum.Now, there are two sets of navigation data: NAVDATA & SIDSTARS. See the article at: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSAs pointed out in the article, you can get a current set of both data sets from Navigraph.com for less than $3US or 2Euro per cycle.You can insert intersections, but along an airway that is redundant because airways are defined in the wpNavRTE.txt file as a sequence of fixes (intersections). If you try to put a fix on an airway that is not defined as being on the airway, then you will get that error.You can always fly direct fix to fix. All that requires is that they are defined in wpNavFIX.txt. See article for more info on what's in the navdata files at: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/NAVDATA_Data_DictionaryFinally, the FS9/FSX navigation data is very obsolete and the only way to update is with modifications to the scenery files. PMDG does not use the MSFS navdata in any way at any time.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dear Dan,Thanking you for your answer. Re. SIDSTARS I know that perfectly as I also know Navigraph.com. Fix to fix are basics and seldom or never used by me. Regarding defiend airways, now that was new and probably explanins the reason I will not be able to insert them into my flightplans. Thanks again and signed as above,Andres

Hi,I've had situations where the route I'm using was generated using allegedly the same AIRAC cycle as the aircraft, but it rejects certain waypoint/airway combinations.It doesn't seem to like for example, airports being used as waypoints along an airway. In some routes, it has resulted in a 2000nm Direct To!Best regards,Robin.

I normally only use the named intersections, (the red triangels) and at times you have to choose between several suggested by the FMC. At times when choosing a waypoint without several alternatives from the FMC you get a detour of 4000NM, explain that if you can. You delete that very intersection but when leaving the intersection before the one you have deleted in flight you will get a change of course from the controller as the intersecyion was saved in the flightplan anyway. Robin, airports are no intersections/waypoints.Signed as above,Andres

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $640.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now