Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG MD-11 BETA Progress Update

Guest pilot-joey

Ooh great, thought it was planned for mid week (so like last wednesday). Nevertheless good luck!

Like the aircraft itself, that'll be released when it's ready.http://www.md-11.org/welcome.html is well worth a look in the meantime and helped me a lot in terms of getting ready for the beta. Much of what you read on the site linked to will be useful to you in terms of general prep work, and the manual elaborates significantly on the content I've linked to above.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Mower

Thanks for the link Mark...I posted it here 3 weeks ago.

Guest tcable

Hi Rob, thanks for the update. We certainly appreciate the news of forward progress, and that it'll be ready when it's ready. Just look at the slippage of major real world airliner deliveries (not just the A380 and 787 either!)I am looking forward to accessing the manuals before release so that I can ge ready for my own 'type rating' the M11 is so different from the Boeings that we're used to, and strangely similar to the Airbii (that Honeywell suite I'm guessing)BTW, my father in law worked on the original EICAS with GE and MDD back in the late 70's/early 80's. Spent a lot of time in the sim in Long Beach. It was a 3 color crt then, but a first step.So does your employer let you use that new type rating? :)Tim

>Ooh great, thought it was planned for mid week (so like last>wednesday). Nevertheless good luck!Again, planned and the actual event are often two different things - get used to it, it happens a lot in software development.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest pilot-joey

>>Ooh great, thought it was planned for mid week (so like>last>>wednesday). Nevertheless good luck!>>Again, planned and the actual event are often two different>things - get used to it, it happens a lot in software>development.Yeah, you're exactly right. And now, go back to work :(!Regards,

Update for you guys - beta 4 is out as of tonight.One bit of new feature implementation I'm betting some will like - the MCDU will now directly load FS flight plans natively without the need for FSBuild or anything like that to convert them. :D

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

So, Ryan... to put it one way, you could say that the light at the end of the tunnel is much bigger (closer) now?

Guest pilot-joey

And that screenshot sharing etc. is allowed now? :(

Guest 413X3

very cool, thanks! Is it an automatic process, such as when you load the flight plan into fs, does the md-11 automatically pick that up? i would rather it not, because i really enjoy plugging in everything into the fmc even if i load the flight plan into fs

Guest Knikolaes

>These Guys can take their time I am all set to run FSX and>the MD11 on my PC so bring it on.>Wish I could say that :-( one of my 4800 X2's blew tonight :-(