Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

High Resolution MD-11 Preview

I just figured it all out!The Large Hadron Collider has fired and has created what some have feared, a hole in the space/time continum. Varying realities have started to blur. What we see is totally diffrent from what some others are seeing.All makes sense now ;-)

I think Craig and Albaro's posts eloquently express the opinion of the vast majority of we PMDG clients.Based on what I've read from the Beta testers (people whose opinions I have a great deal of respect for) I think we're going to see some new FS standards set by this MD-11.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest hmstiger

Not all CS produts are sub-par. I really like the CS C-130 which is one of the two planes that get the most time in my simulated fleet - the Level D is the other - and there is nothing else like it out there. Now if they would just fix the flight director...Colin in Portland

Well I don't see a problem with Currys opinions. How do we not know that he might....a) be a rated ATP in the MD11?:( is the maker of quality add on aircraft , better than PMDG?Well since I can't answer those questions, I will take the PMDG staff,and Beta testers words on their product. I will also take into account the quality and support PMDG has put out in the past.Richie WalshP.S. Sarcasm doesn't come through very well in text so maybe I should add there might be some sarcasm included in this post. ;)

Richie Walsh

>Sorry. But for the moment, 757 have a more realism & systems>simulated what 747& 737 PMDG. (I

Continue thinking the same. The initial, first impression of your information and screenshots, for me and more people, of this addon don

Qq5iYf9.jpg

Ummm, did you know the PMDG 747-400 actually DOES simulate the real-time IRS alignment? You can change the settings in the PMDG menu in MSFS to choose between instant, a few shorter times (can't remember the actual numbers) or real-time. You really need to check what you say before making yet more ill-informed posts!Better yet, if you are so sure this is a bad product, don't buy it and stop wasting our time on this forum by posting ill-informed messages.

>Albeto Curieses (AKA Cury),>>Opinions are fine, but I am not totally sure what you're>basing your assessment on the aircraft functionality on? As>far as I am aware you're not on the beta team and as a result>you won't have access to the aircraft to fly it at all..>Consequently I don't really understand how you can critique>the systems, flight dynamics or functionality representation>that the PMDG MD-11 offers.>>Having flow a number of aircraft from different vendors,>including perhaps the most comprehensive (PS1.3a) in my>opinion, I can tell you from experience that the PMDG name is>most definitely well earned. Being a part of the Beta team>myself, I can tell you without any doubt, that the MD-11 is a>fantastic piece of work that anyone would be proud to be a>part of.>>When asked to work on the Beta team I purchased the ITVV MD-11>DVD, which has 2 flights which went in detail through various>systems, functionality aspects, flows and displays on the>MD-11. The DVD also included failures within a full motion>simulation and of course ITVV are extremely good at making>sure the viewer gets a good view of all the flightdeck. From>my experience of the MD-11 on the DVD, the setup, details on>the displays, I can assure you without any doubt that the>representation produced by PMDG is extremely accurate, and is>easily up to the standard I have come to expect from them. >These panels have a lot that sits behind them in order to make>them work correctly and as close to the real things as>possible. The VC has a truly 'used' feel to it, the systems>respond as I would expect them to, the sound is fantastic, the>choice and detail within the livery set is exceptional.>>As for the screenshot previously, it's not an edit, I can>guarantee you with FSX running on a decent machine you can>easily get visuals like that, and not just visuals, but>functional visuals too. You can move around the flight deck>and invoke switches, manipulate display brightness, and so>much more..>>In terms of functionality I am not sure what you feel it is>missing, without flying it yourself and seeing the detail how>can you make a sensible judgement? But I am sure if you have>a constructive comment that they could use to improve future>aircraft they would be, and always have been very keen to hear>it as they push to produce the best they can every time. >>A weather radar cannot be simulated within FSX or FS9 using>the data it requires properly. Weather radars in other>products for FSX are not true representations of weather>radars, they are based on data which is manipulated and not>intended for that purpose, consequently they do not produce>accurate results and are not representative in any way, but>are simply nice to look at. PMDG have always pushed forward>the evelope when it comes to functionality, if a weather radar>could be produced that worked and was representative and>realistic it would have been done. >>What we have here is a simulation that's going to cost you>quite a bit less than a full motion simulation at about

Qq5iYf9.jpg

>Ummm, did you know the PMDG 747-400 actually DOES simulate>the real-time IRS alignment? You can change the settings in>the PMDG menu in MSFS to choose between instant, a few shorter>times (can't remember the actual numbers) or real-time. You>really need to check what you say before making yet more>ill-informed posts!>>Better yet, if you are so sure this is a bad product, don't>buy it and stop wasting our time on this forum by posting>ill-informed messages.1- About the IRS, was true, isn

Qq5iYf9.jpg