Sign in to follow this  
Mace

*Perfect* night at KLGB

The METAR says it allKLGB 140253Z 00000KT 10SM CLR 20/04 A3011Perfect wx for those of you flying out of KLGB tonight. Can't get any better than this.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

> Can't get any better than this.I disagree. Needs about 20kts more crosswind, about 9.5 SM less visibility, thunder, lightning, and we can't forget the heavy rain. :)Why is everyone looking at me like I'm crazy? :-yellow1

Guest Jake Lee

>> Can't get any better than this.>>I disagree. >>Needs about 20kts more crosswind, about 9.5 SM less>visibility, thunder, lightning, and we can't forget the heavy>rain. :)>>> I concur!!- Jake

Wait a minute. You guys concur that you WANT the wx to be half-mile vis, rain, crosswind?? Or you concur that you like it clear skies, calm winds and 20 degC?

Rhett

Guest D17S

Go ahead and take the challenge. Get it sideways. You'll be amazed at how much your piloting skills will have magically improved with this airplane. It's spelled "LSAS."

Guest XM DUDE

Well I will be camping out at KLGB next month when the FS9 version rolls out of the hanger.Micheal Pare.

How about into KORD, add gusts up to 35knts, temp -10C, +SN and number one engine out? Now you've got an interesting night landing!If you don't want to fly it let OTTO. Keep an eye on the surfaces decending through 500AGL to touch down. OTTO has one of the most complex and accurate models you will see in a PC based simulation! :-)

Guest XM DUDE

>How about into KORD, add gusts up to 35knts, temp -10C, +SN>and number one engine out? Now you've got an interesting>night landing!>>If you don't want to fly it let OTTO. Keep an eye on the>surfaces decending through 500AGL to touch down. OTTO has one>of the most complex and accurate models you will see in a PC>based simulation! :-)i have to go to KLGB to accept delivery, and you are right about the advanced auto pilot, I flew the MD-11 level D MD-11 sim when I worked on the MD-11 program at Douglas. This is one amazing bird, it is too bad it never met the fuel burn requirements and now it mostly exists as a freighter. I was told by a FEDEX rep that they love the MD-11, infact they converted their DC-10 fleet to the MD-11 flight deck.

Guest captnmel66

correct me if I'm wrong but FEDEX has what you call an MD-10. they have engineers who redesigned the DC-10. Not sure if you can find it anywhere on flight trackers as I've not looked but I've talked to guys who fly them and they are called MD-10's.can the MD-11 autopilot really land during a 35 knot crosswind? I know a lot of birds have crosswind limits on the autopilots?by the way, a half mile vis is still too much!!! 600 rvr is more like it!!!

>correct me if I'm wrong but FEDEX has what you call an MD-10.>they have engineers who redesigned the DC-10. Not sure if you>can find it anywhere on flight trackers as I've not looked but>I've talked to guys who fly them and they are called MD-10's.>They are listed as DC-10's. The "MD-10" is not an official Boeing designation, as far as I can tell. (??). RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

I actually prefer adverse weather. I am not sure why, but I guess it adds to the immersion. Not to metion it is a lot of fun! Nothing quite like flying for hours on end, tired, and then having to land in bad weather with poor visibilty. It sure wakes you up. :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3