Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ALT326

Parking brake MD11

Just love the MD11 but have one thing I can't get sorted out. The parking brake just keeps disengaging after I set it. Don't know what is causing this.Martin Maaskant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do you have rudder pedals? Touching the toe brakes (or a noise spike) will release the brake. Just a thought.

I have noticed that mine disengages when there is NO hyd press present. So perhaps this is just a case of being simulated very well.Willy

Martin,As Dan says if you are using rudder pedals then a touch on the brakes will disengage the Parking brake,On the other hand if you are without engines then the pressure will decraese and the brakes will disengage. You can see how much pressure there is on the system on the pressure gauge next to the Autobrake switch. If this is zero then you can presurize the hudraoulic system using the Aux Hyd switch. Just turn it on and the pressure is sufficient for parking brake.Chris

Methinks that at this level of simulation it would be time to introduce chocks, isn't it? Something to include in the Pushback truck dialogue... Otherwise, if I put my MD to sleep at night on a sloped apron, it'll try to follow me to the hotel ;)

Thanks for the input guys. For those interested I did not touch the toe brakes on my rudderpedal and I will check the Hydraulic pressure. If the pressure is allright then next thing to do is to increase the deadzone on the toe brakes.I will keep you informed.Martin Maaskant

It seems I got this one solved by increasing the dead zone of the brakes. Just started up and no problem with the parking brake.Martin MaaskantALT326Visit www.altairva.com