Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DeltaSimTek

MD-11 Step Climb issue

When adding a new step climb altitude to an existing CRZ Level, the existing cruise levels are erased, replaced by the new cruise level. Example, Let

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes I understand that of course, but in reality typing 290/330/370/410 is adding it to the existing string..If its true the md11 real world counterpart can allow ///410 then im guessing your saying you want the pmdg md11 to do exactly the same.Because in all honesty if it works for you with >> 290/330/370/410 :(

>Yes I understand that of course, but in reality typing>290/330/370/410 is adding it to the existing string..>>If its true the md11 real world counterpart can allow ///410>then im guessing your saying you want the pmdg md11 to do>exactly the same.>>Because in all honesty if it works for you with >>>290/330/370/410 << being added instead of ///410 in mid>flight,, im not sure what the beef is..>>:( Just some of us search for reality while others settle for less...This should be corrected in an update.And please sign your name...Bryan Gandallhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Of course it should accept the slashes, and actually last time I checked (on the ground I think) it did. I'll check again to see if it doesn't work in some circumstances. If it is a bug it sure be fixed in the next update.

>Of course it should accept the slashes, and actually last>time I checked (on the ground I think) it did. >I'll check again to see if it doesn't work in some>circumstances. >If it is a bug it sure be fixed in the next update.>>>Thanks Michael,It accepts the slashes when entering the string, but when appending/updating, it dumps the previous altitudes. It wants the whole string entered at the same time.Bryan Gandallhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Bryan,I just did a quick test. I was level at FL350, and 350/370 was entered on 5L. I typed in //390, then selected it to 5L. It changed from 350/370, to 350/370/390. That's what should happen right? You're saying when you do that, it climbs to 390?Either I'm not understanding what you are trying to do, or we're doing something different somewhere. Any ideas?EDIT: Just thought of something. What did you have the altitude on the FCP set at? I had mine at FL350. I'm guessing since you mentioned you started climbing, you had yours set to a higher altitude. I don't know how it's supposed to work with an altitude set higher, but I think that might be where the issue/problem is.

Bryan, I'll try that as well. Give me a second to fire the sim up.Read my edit if you haven't already. I think I edited when you posted this.

>We'll look into this Bryan, thanks.Thanks Ryan, On the MD-11 Full Flight Sim at Delta this is what happens:Set crz level to FL310, climbed and leveled off. Set /330/350 in scratch pad and entered in 5L. It took fine with 31000 set in FGCP window. Set 370 in FGCP window and alt stayed at FL310. Normal ops. Set ///370 in 5L of MCDU and it took. Showed 310/330/350/370. Alt remained at FL310. After some fuel burn, she step climbed to FL330 and leveled. FMA showed 'HOLD 330' and 'PROF to 370' This issue is minor but a tad annoying when you want to change cruise altitude in this manor.Bryan Gandallhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg