Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3-2-1-Now

[MD-11] Add airports to the DB

Hi,How do you add airports, SIDs/STARs etc.. to the DB?Before you tell me to RTFM ;) I'm checking that, too, but don't remember seeing how to add airports?I'd like to try the RNAV approach into NZQN (Queensland) but this slight issuer of missing a airport has stopped me.Any help appreciated. :)Best regards,Robin.

It's probably missing from the navdata because there are no published instrument procedures (I'm guessing)? You don't have to let that stop you: You have to add the airport and runways to the navdata and add one sidstar file with at least the runways defined. It's not hard, see: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/NAVDATA_Data_Dictionary for a description of the navdata formats and get the tutorial "'Making 737NG Procedures' from Terry Yingling at planepath.com for info on the sidstar file format. You'll need to have some airport data, such as lat/lon for the runways, etc.I assume this is for the 737, kinda short runway for a heavy. Watch out for the bitimus pavement. Last I heard it's likely to cause a crash in FS9.Good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,Does the MD-11 fly in there? It's got a 6100 ft RW. The MD-11 DB has airports with RWs over 6000 ft. ???If anyone is interested, I'm creating a procedures file for Queenstown, New Zealand (NZQN).@PMDG: Is there any problem with me uploading the CHANGES ONLY to the forum? e.g. quoting what needs to go where in each file, for the user to manually add?EDIT: NZQN is already in the database???Best regards,Robin.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $715.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now