Sign in to follow this  
fabio777

Problems with Pause at T/D in MD-11

Hello everyone:First of all, a big thanks to PMDG for such a wonderful aircraft!I am having problems with "Pause at T/D" not working (not pausing).In the options, I have the Pause option checked. In the FMC, I ensure that I have a T/D waypoint, and also selected arrival runway. I have also cleared all "discontinuities" in the plan. What are the conditions that trigger the Pause? I am inserting the arrival information by selecting SID from the last waypoint before the destination airport entry.Is the Pause at T/D option stored in a config file so that I can make sure it is "on"?Thanks for any help you can provide.Regards,Fabio

Guest johnan

Some people have had this problem and in my case I found if I load an MD11 from the free flight screen, the pause works as expected, but if I load a saved flight the pause does not work.So I do not use saved flights if I want a pause to happen!Apparently it is a "known problem" and will be addressed in a future update. (I hope!)John

It should work for both new and saved flights.One thing you should check, especially if you are a Vista user is that you have write permission for the {FSX}/PMDG folder. Althought the installer should take care of this, we have seen some cases where if the MD-11 is not installed or run from an account with administrator rights, this folder had no write permission. There is a file named MD11Gauges.ini in this folder that stores the selections you make from the options menu. In the FMC section of this file there is a TDPause= entry, that could be 0 or 1 (TDPause=0 or TDPause=1).

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Hi Michael:I checked the ini file:[FMC]920FMS=1TDPause=1The only other thing I can think of would be that I always load the "Quick turn" panel state...otherwise everything checks out.What are the conditions for Pause at T/D (assuming the option is checked)? Is is a T/D waypoint only? Or should there be an arrival runway also selected?Many thanks.Fabio

Hi John:Thanks for the response. I am loading the MD-11 from my default situation (Cessna with avionics off). I'll try to experiment whether the starup situation has any impact.Fabio

Hello,I did a testflight yesterday, the TOD pause works perfectly, as long as I click OK in the options dialog with the aircraft in powered-up state, it would only change for example the enginedisplay tape/dial style if the DU's were powered up; cliccking OK in the options dialog from cold and dark had no effect.Fly safe,Wijnand (EHBK)