Sign in to follow this  
Guest ewernst

Eric is checking in......here I am to clear the air.

Guest BAW191

Hi Eric,Many thanks for your open and personal post.Another fan & long-time admirer of your work...Stay safe.

I can only echo my fellow PIC driver's comments above. Welcome home Eric. Great to hear from you again. We have missed you Sir.Best regards,Lee.

Guest bisinchi

Hi Eric,It's great to hear from you and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.Thanks for clearing the air as you say and countless thanks for your major contribution to the flight sim community. It is thanks to add-on developpers like yourself (and the PIC/LDS team) who provides such incredible add-ons and provide us virtual pilots with countless of hours of entertainment!!Thanks a lot Eric and all the best to you anr your family,Regards,Francois

Guest ielchitz

Eric,Thanks for checking in. There are many people in the community who to this day still appreciate and respect your contributions. Life is quite a ride. Just keep your hands inside at all times and whatever you do - don't look back.Ian.

Guest CFG3430

Hi EricNice to see you posting so meaningful, nice to see you back in the comunity. Let

Hello Eric,Wow, what a post! And great to hear you are still around!I, like the majority of those here who read your post from beginning to end, understand your reasons for your absence from the community to some extent.I am a father to a lovely daughter of 5 years and now a son of 2 years. Both of them to a great extent have curtailed my flight simulation activities a lot compared to what I used to do a few years ago.Yes, 9/11 touched us all. I work in the Airport Security industry at London's Heathrow Airport, for the airport owner, BAA and have done for some 25 years now. The events of that day have had ramifications all around the world! We can only hope for some semblance of normality returning some time soon.For what its worth, I know I am completely correct in saying that you had and still have hundreds of great supporters here in the FS community. Thats as it should be and we hope you can take some comfort from that.From those of us, including myself, who loved your work in FS98 and the great humour and helpfulness you showed to us all, we welcome you back. Don't feel that you have to fulfil all the things you'd like to - often there is never enough time for that. Be assured that whatever you are able to achieve now that you have returned to us, will always be accepted with the rightful praise it deserves.I never really knew you, although I knew of you and your activities. Being a 747 fan I only dabbled in 767 PIC but your 757/767 work for FS98 was unsurpassed and I was a great fan of the panel work you did.Now we look forward to 767 PIC V2 and other wonderful products. We are excited that you may be able to play a part in some of the work to come and even if you don't, the fact that you are still around and interested in the FS community is perhaps the greatest news we have had in some time!Anyway, enough of my rambling! Welcome back! Hope you can re-establish the links you had and re-vitalise your interest in the virtual counterpart to your real world career. Be assured that whatever happens to you in the real world, you have the support and friendship of many, many people here.Kind regards,Lee JamesSenior SupervisorAirport SecurityAirside DivisionHeathrow Airport - London UKPilot ofSPEEDBIRD NINE DELTA VICTOROnline with VATSIMand747 Fleet Training CaptainBritish Airways Virtual

Lee James
Desktop Pilot - www.virtualairlinepilot.org

Instagram - virtualairlinepilot_lee
Check out my Adventure Videos & FS Reviews on YouTube at VirtualAirlinePilot !

spacer.png

Hi Eric,Nice to hear from you after such a long time.All the best to you and your family!Take care,Egbert Drenth

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest gremel

Eric,Thanks for that ratherlengthy update. I enjoyed reading every word. It's great to see a post from you after such a long time. You were instrumental in getting me started in the flight simulation adventure and I received alot of great advise from you in the past. You were most helpful to me and a host of others as well.I wish you nothing but the best in your current field and possibly some future endeavors which you maybe thinking about.Wishing you well and happy holidays to you and your family.Regards,JackKGSP

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Eric,There's not much more that I can say other than Thanks so much for everything that you've done for this community.Perhaps one day we'll see you return, no doubt your name will ALWAYS be in the Flight Sim hall of fame;)John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Hello old friend,I think the last time we exchanged e-mailks I was finishing my private pilot license, and appreciated the advice and encouragement from someone who had endured that before. Now I've just passed my instrument check-ride. Keep the blue side up, and if you ever get back into simming it will be a pleasure to have you back. As someone who learned the hard way, I can certainly atest to putting your family first.It's great to hear from you Eric.Bruce.

Guest ColdBear

Eric,You are always wellcome here. It's like one big fammily. No matter if you are Chinese or from America we will share our passion for flightsimming here. It's great to have you back in the commanders seat and that you survived your 'period'. I still remmember you 757/767 panel made for Fs98, that where times. I even remmember downloading all your panels simply because it couldn't get any better at that time. Eric, We will always be with you through all the pretty times and all the rugh times, and thank you for dedicating so many hours and countless nights and answering all our mails. Thank you!Martin

Good to hear from you Eric.I have been wondering many times how you are. :-)Happy holidays..(to come), for you and your family,Safe landings, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSA"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]http://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpgMy specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz512 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProCatalyst 4.7DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

Guest JamieG

thanks a ton, sounds like a very hectic and trying past couple of years, especially at work. I really appreciate all you have done, and thanks for posting the message, it was extremely kind of you!Best of luck wherever life takes you

i am a relative newbie in the flight sim community, but everytime i would do some research on avsim your name would always come up.you are correct in saying that there were a few speculative ideas about you but i am glad to finally read your (true) version of your absence.you have contributed a lot to the flight sim community and i am greatful for your efforts.i wish you and your family all the bestBoPS: 9/11 was a very sad day for all of us and even though I was in Chicago on that day i was glued to the TV set for a week.If you dont mind posting your detailed account of that morning flight (from you post, the one not included), it would be very interesting to hear (read) of what was going on in your mind and what exactly you were aware of during that time. i think most people would find that very interesting. I have quite a few pilot friends that fly for the "majors" but none of them were working (flying) on that day.

Bo Klop

Guest TrafficTraffic

Eric,Thank you very much for sharing your story with us, and belated Happy Birthday.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)