Sign in to follow this  
Guest goon

Newbie - need resources

Guest goon

Hi,I'm winding up for my first go on vatsim at the weekend by listening in a lot via servinfo. One thing that has me worried is the taxiway layout of airfields. If I'm unsure in FS I just use the magic pink line for directions, but how are pilots taxiing around on vatsim? Is there an online resource with airfield layout diagrams anywhere? I'm mostly interested in UK and Europe.Also, I'm not confident flying SIDS and STARS yet. Are these mandatory to fly IFR on vatsim? Thanks for any help,hope to see you online soon,Gareth Evans

Hello Gareth,no need to worry about these things. The most important thing is that you keep the controller informed about what you are able to do and what not.So normally the Controller will give you a taxi instruction, either detailed ("taxi via A, D and N2 to parking position V132") on general ("taxi to the apron, stand of your choice"). The latter would put it into your hand about how to reach the apron, so it would be legitim to use the pink line. In the first case it would be very much necessary to tell the controller "sorry sir, I don

Guest goon

Many thanks Martin, that's a lot of help. I'll drop in at EDDF one day when I'm in to the swing of things.Cheers,Gareth Evans

Guest goon

Yeah, I'm doing that Mark, but it doesn't label the taxiway ID's does it? I'm just trying to avoid getting shouted at for taking a wrong turn, and meeting a 747 coming the other way ;)Thanks for your help,Gareth Evans

Guys,if you are in need for EDDF taxi charts (or any other up-to-date-charts for Germany, Switzerland and Austria) have a look at our webseite, we have plenty of charts there for download. Just be sure to configure your firewall to let the HTTP_REFERER pass through or otherwise you won

I personally prefer Clearance Unlimited for charts, as their PDF scans are usually better quality then those on EchoPlate. However, echoplate has !!everything!! and Clearance Unlimited only has the major airports.http://www.clearanceunlimited.com/Hope to meet up with you online,from a respectable distance that is, lets not trade paint! ;)

Guest goon

Thanks for those guys, but I'm flying in Europe at the minute. Does anyone have a similar resource for Europe?Thanks again,Gareth Evans

Hi Martin,is the address http://www.vacc-sag.org still valid? Since friday I have tried to enter the site, but allways got following error message "Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden" and "HTTP-Fehler 500-13 - Server zu besch