Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alkit

Projector talk

Guest Erups

1280x720 is 16:9 resolution, also known as wide screen.They are usually not listed in the videocard features, but as long as a resolution is under the max limits of the card, it can be used.When plugging the projector in the videocard, it should be recognized by DDC just like a monitor, so in the properties you should see the supported resolutions, colors and refresh rates.I can't confirm because i don't have any projector, but this should be like i said, unless you go buying some stone-age model ;)

Guest Alkit

Can you estimate what would happen for the projection? I mean using 1280 x 720 when this resolution choice is not available from the display card property. My card only support 1024x768, 1280x768, 1280x960, 1280x1024. What will happen if I choose 1280x768 for the projector??Alkit

Guest Erups

Please bear in mind that resolution is just a number of pixels.It's the maximum amount of pixels that count.If your card can run at 1600x1200 then it can do also 1280x720.Anyway the numbers you reported, where did you read them?Perhaps in the settings tab of the display properties window?If so these numbers are the ones accepted by the monitor currently connected, not the ones the card is capable of.Anyway giving the projector a 4:3 should result in a cutted image, no more no less.You should be able to set the resolution at 1024*768 and see 1024*720.Or the projector is intelligent enough to shrink the image to proper size: 1024*768 -> 960*720

Guest Alkit

I read the setting selection in "SETTING" in DISPLAY PROPERTIES.Does this number represent the monitor available resolution choices or the display card available resolution choices?Those monitor come with DVI port, I wonder if such port are smart like a USB.Alkit

Guest Erups

Even a VGA is that smart ;)Yes what you are seeing are monitor supported resolutions.I, for example, have 800x600 and 1024x768. This does not mean my card isn't capable of any other res, it's just the monitor limits.So is in your case.Regards

Guest Alkit

Understood. Thank you so much for your advise! I know which one to go ahead now. thanks a lot. Hope to post a picture with the projector on shortly!Alkit