Sign in to follow this  
Guest gat12

Outside views

Guest gat12

Is there any way to get the outside views with out using Wideview?Brian

Of course there is :-)With multi vga cards or with a second vga in the same PC!If you have a VGA that supports Dual Vga you can connect 2 monitors and by modifying you panel.cfg you can use both 2 monitors for outside viewEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest Alkit

Hello Eddie,"with a second vga in the same PC", do you mean two display cards in same pc? If yes, is it really possible?Alkit

Guest Erups

It's possible, but perfomances are terrible.Just don't expect to run 2 windows with the same config as for 1.By using lower resolutions it is absolutely possible.Also have a look at the Matrox Parhelia gf, though not powerfull as a nvidia 5950 or an ati 9800xt, it is able to run an extended view over three monitors at 2400x600 (which is 800x600 three times).This may be a possible solution.

Guest jpcxcf

Well I've to disagree on this one, the performance loss isn't terrible when using a multimonitor system, I've got a Parhelia card with 3 monitors running at 3072x768 and I can have FPS from 10 to +30, it all depends on your hardware(CPU) and FS settings.Best regards,Pedro

Guest PoRrEkE

ok 2 questions1) you run parhelia on higher res than 3x 800*600 ? is that with fs9 or has it become possible with fs2002 as well ?since my sim is an will remain based on fs2002 this would be a serious reason NOT to opt for parhelia ..last i heard was that it wouldn't do higher res with fs2002 cuz of directX2) i hear that having a dual head AGP card slows down your fps sometimes as bad as to 2 fps ! is it same scenario if you have a single head AGP + a good PCI card ?I want multiple outside views if possible but I'm not willing to risk my money on something as expencive as todays video cards only to find my FPS to drop to almost 0 :sI have a P4 2.4 with 768 MB DDR + currently GeForce 2 Ti 500 (which is in fact still a very good card, though not dual headed)

Guest Erups

I have many complex sceneries, and even now with 1 monitor, sometimes it is in real struggle...I wonder with a less powerfull card like the parhelia, with three times the pixel to draw, how would it perfom...

Guest jpcxcf

what is your system???With my XP2600 the Parhelia performs great, for me .Evene it it goas to 15FPS it's more smooth that 15FPS on a Nvidia or ATI card.You'l have to see it.That's my oppinion, maybe someone with a Parhelia can testify this (David www.avsim.com/project757 ??) .Best regards,Pedro

Guest jpcxcf

>ok 2 questions>>1) you run parhelia on higher res than 3x 800*600 ? is that>with fs9 or has it become possible with fs2002 as well ?>FS2002 is limited by directx 2400x600I'm using fs9 can go 3840x1024>2) i hear that having a dual head AGP card slows down your fps>sometimes as bad as to 2 fps ! is it same scenario if you>have a single head AGP + a good PCI card ?>It's not that bad if you've +20 FPS running, at least with my parhelia it's allways smooth even at 15FPS.It also depends on the type of image being rendered on the PCI card.Regards,Pedro

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok thenDepends on type of image being rendered on the PCI card ?Well let me tell you.I have at the moment 2 pc's and I will keep it to that if possible.1 is the P4 2.4 and the other is a Celeron 500The idea is to use the Celeron 500 for the gauges in the panel and then use the P4 to get as many outside views as possible.At the moment that is only 1.And although I have fs9 I do not have plans at the moment to switch to fs9. Perhaps I could concider since the F50 panel is now fs9 compatible + I am planing to make way much less use of the software panel and go much more into a self made logic ( either using CCC when FSbus or my own program when using Photon ). Than all left to get is fsuipc v3.? which is payware :(I still use the last freeware version of fsuipc which goos with fs2002.Either way, I know someone that uses a borowed Parhelia card and is waiting for the new version of the card with 8x agp to become available in Belgium. Perhaps I should ask the guy to borow this card for a weekend to give it a try. Not sure though if I would like the 800*600 resolution since I'm getting used now to res as high as 1600*1200 which is truly amazing.

Guest airborne1

Hi Gat12. I also have the Parhelia and it is perfect when fs9 is set up properly via the tweak links in the matrox forum. simmer_1 operates fs2002 ok. You can get him on this link as well. Any other questions just register and pose the query and tech support will respond very quickly. http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewforum.php?...3555bb75a752862Keith Sandford

Yes you can try to install a second PCI vga or better use one Dual Head Vga. I have the ATI 9600 XT and i have made only some tests. I don't use yet the dual monitor setup, as i have only one 19'' monitor at the moment. Another solution is the Parhelia as they said for 3 monitors.Of course even with one monitor sometimes with heavy scenery (not Gmax) and with TCU weather and default MS clouds the Fs2004 drops the fps to single numbers :-( The solution is to use other clouds and not heavy sceneries. Better for me the default MS scenery than to have on final 2fps on localizer.Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Philippe,I have a question for you. Why would anyone spend upwards to $350 for a Parhelia card buy two or three monitors to go with it then keep MS2002? You can find MS2004 on Ebay for $35-40. (I know that most of you have even cheaper ways of acquiring it.)I haven

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest Alkit

The performance of Parhelia seems really great!! I begin to think whether I should have a three monitor setting or one projector. ........ ?!?!?!?!Wonder why Nvidia not working on the same product category.Alkit

Guest gat12

I am thinking that to go with the Parhelia sounds like the best for me. I am running a P4 2.4 and a PIII 800 at the moment and just bought a Celeron 2.4 which will arrive in the next week. So now I get to have some fun trying to decide which way I should configure my software :)Brian