Sign in to follow this  

Dash 8 forums!!

Guest Eagle92395

I almost think we need a forum just for the new DASH 8-300!! What an intense airplane! Oleksiy F. could have charged a bunch for this airplane seeing as how much work and detail he put into it. After figuring out how to fly it, it is now my favorite airplane! Wow!

hahah..definitely. I can't even start then engines. WHo has some chackists and some documentation so that I know where to find things.This is the most realistic panel and systems modelling I have ever seen. Now we just need a nice external model with a VC>Take careMike

Guest BMarcoux

Open the sample flight Doc in the Doc subfolder in the A/c folder. It takes you through startup

I too am excited about this aircraft.Two issues1. I can't read anything on the panel - too small.2. Are all these gauges written by this newcomer?He claims to copyright everything. He may have.But I wish he said so with all the problems we havebeen having with people not credited others work.- Kevin

Guest daves0

AH...where is the next meet for the dash 8 ???I have my form real good now....under 1:07

I just downloaded this aircraft as per the instructions unzipped into my Fs2002 folder.I havn't been able to get the gagues to activate and I seem to be missing some textures on the tail and the body of the aircraft.I can start the engines and get the exterior lights to work but not interior.Any assistance would be helpful.Kenny G.

There is no texture on the tail. It's a basic paint scheme. You need to turn the white knobs on the overhead panel to get interior lights and you need AC and DC power on to get the gauges to turn on.

Kenny,The textures were left intentionally blank, so that painters could go right to work on liveries. If you look in the texture folder, there are textures there, and if you open them, (you need DXTBmp) you will see that they are blank white, with that odd blue bit near the tail.If you could elaborate mroe on what you mean by, "I havn't been able to get the gagues to activate," it might get you a better answer. In a panel of this complexity, many systems will not work if the gauges that are part of them aren't present, which would explain why you can't start the engines. As for the interior lighting, see the pictures I have attached. Before you try any of the switches, you will need to feel your way aroud in the dark to the external power switches, to get some power flowing.

Thanks for the quick response, didn't see the sample Doc until after I sent my request.Will read the doc and that should answer my questions.Bye:)Kenny G.

dchapman -How did you get such clear and large text on the panel?Mine is an eye chart.Thanks.- Kevin

Well, I got it run, but I can't get the demo flight to work - I get an initialization error on startup. My initial impression is the gauges placards are far too small to read, even with my 19 in monitor. It also places a real framerate hit on my midlevel (PIII 700, GF2 TI 64, 512 RAM) system. Think I'll shelve this one until I get a new system later in the year.

I am not one of those people that complains without reading the docs. :-roll I opened the sample flight and I read it over and over but my problem is that I cannot find the switches that they say I must turn on but I will get it eventualyMike

He probably did what I did and opened up the panels in some kind of graphics program. Thats the only way I can see where the switches are so I can read them. I printed them out on paper so I can see what I'm doing.

>Well, I got it run, but I can't get the demo flight to work >- I get an initialization error on startup.Have a look for my posting yesterday regarding the aircraft initilization error. You need to make a small correction in the Test Flight FLT file.Barry