Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Snow And Bare Trees In Pittsburgh - In September?!

I just completed a flight to Pit using Real Weather. I made sure my date and season were correct - September 8, Summer, etc. When I landed in Pit it was snowing and the ground was white with bare trees. I never packed a heavy flight jacket for this unexpected weather so I bet I'm going to catch a cold. What happened? The only thing I can figure is FS got messed up when I flew in Australia yesterday, since the seasons are reversed. I double checked though and it did say September and Summer. Any ideas? Thanks.

I recall this is the same problem I had when flying around Southern CA during the winter months. Snow covered most of San Diego county and even the desert :-lol ... A simple fix I think is to use LandClass updates.

I had this happen landing at Orlando Intl in JULY :-lol Richard Dillon KPDKSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

You were in a time warp. That was normal fallout from our steel mills and coke ovens in 1946. Since I sim-fly this area all the time, I have never seen the problem. I do use LandClass & FSMeteo to populate the area and overcome Bill Gate's revisionist geography.DickKLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I keep saying global warming is changing our weather patterns.. :-lol:-lol

i've seen this also.on a flight from Philadelphia to Shenendoah Valley airport, somewhere over Virginia all of a sudden i saw texture files change over to winter. it stayed that way until they were out of site.on my return flight later, the winter textures were nowhere to be found. hopefully when you go back to flying in the same area it will look like summer again....and i'm using LandClass covering all of the USA. when FS wants it to be winter, apparently it WILL be winter.chris

Where do I find LandClass and what is it - new scenery terrain? I'm not familiar with it. Thanks. Tom :-wave

no, landclass does not alter terrain. it alters the textures assigned to specific areas. as we all know, the default FS leaves out alot of small towns and rural areas all look like forests. landclass changes this by making it more realistic...small towns are added, rural areas look like farmland rather than forest.landclass is payware and can be found here: http://www.fssharecenter.com/fslandclass/its a great addon, and makes for a more realistic flight. there are several smaller freeware landclass addon's available here at AVSIM. install a couple and compare the before/after. chris

It does not have to be shareware!There is a handy utility for free download here at AVSIM.com: John Cillis' Landclass Assistant. With this programm it is very easy for you to change the landclasses and make scenerys looking much more realistic.RegardsWolfgang