Sign in to follow this  

Graphics Card Advice needed

>900 mhz is slow?..#####! Sorry, but it's true. By today's standards, 900MHz is slow. It's only a third of the speed of the new ones now.Matt

Last sunday I replaced my TNT2 64Mb card with a Leadtek Geforce 4 TI4200 128Mb. I am aware 64mb is slightly faster, however I went for a bigger memory.Using 3d mark I had 518 points with my TNT2 and now I have over 5200 points with my Leadtek Geforce 4. It is indeed true that FS2002 uses a lot of CPU. However, my new card improved my fps on a more steadily base. At schiphol I still have 8-15 fps with a PSS 747. In the air, I still get 25fps (locked on 25fps) but it is more steadily when there are clouds. The lights are much brighter.Now I am saving money for a new motherboard and processor....Regards,FerryP3 800768mb, windows XPLeadtek GF4 TI4200 128mb

Thanks very much ... I see what you are all saying. I am lookinginto returning the card and going for a GeForce4 64Mb Ti4200.The reason I went initially for the MX440 was that it was in a saleand only

Now have Nvidia 64Mb GeForce 4 Ti4200 .. thanks for the adviceguys ... next project is to upgrade my CPU which is AMD 900Mhz,but that will have to wait for next month!!RossNottingham,England