Sign in to follow this  
golfbravo

Dash 8-300 sounds question...

hey everyone..I'm not sure if this was covered before, but has anyone else tried to use the sounds for the Dash 8-300 in other aircraft? I would love to use them in Sanchez's ATR 42-300, but unfortunately, they don't work. Also, I havent been able to start the dash 8, so I dont even know what they sound like when they're on! LOL. Can someone shed some light on how to use the sounds in other aircraft, if it's possible? Thanx!George

Hi,The last ATR42-500 carries sounds which I recorded inside a Dash8 (I had no flights scheduled in an ATR by that time, and I found the Dash 8 sounds similar enough :-), except that the ATR is more quiet, this confirmed by a couple of ATR pilots).Paco

>hey everyone..I'm not sure if this was covered before, but >has anyone else tried to use the sounds for the Dash 8-300 >in other aircraft? I would love to use them in Sanchez's >ATR 42-300, but unfortunately, they don't work. Also, I >havent been able to start the dash 8, so I dont even know >what they sound like when they're on! LOL. Can someone shed >some light on how to use the sounds in other aircraft, if >it's possible? Thanx! >>GeorgeThe sound system utilized in the Dash8-300 is designed in a different way to "normal" FS2002 aircraft and hence, I do not believe can be used in other a/c.Barry

Thanks for the help, guys! Paco, I am actually using your ATR 42-500 sounds as we speak! I found them to be closest to the real thing so far, so I'll stick with them (However, I have flown on numerous Dash 8s and ATRs and found the Dash 8 to be quieter in cruise, but that's just my opinion). How are things progressing with your 72-500? :) All is well, I hope...Are you also planning a new sound set for it? (I've noticed a huge difference in sounds between the 4-bladed props and 6-bladed). Cheers!George