Sign in to follow this  

Arianne...etc, etc, etc.

Thanks for the heads up investigation of Arianne. I purchased a product quite sometime ago and had serious problems with it. My requests for help went unheaded. Needless to say that was the last time I purchased anything from them. At the time I did post a note warning others.A crook is a crook is a crook.I will say that I have also purchased products for many others with no problems at all with either the product or receiving help if I did encounter a problem.There are a lot of great payware sites and products. Lets not let Arianne give the rest a bad name. Sincerely,Craig Evansftd1949@cox.net

Guest Stardog

hmmmm I came REAL close to buying that new panel lastnight :)Glad I didnt.Thats a damn shame though because it looks like a really nice panel.What a shame!Thanks for the heads up!Todd

Hi everyone,Sinsce last Thursday I am trying to get that ARIANE panel after I ordered it and paid for it. I thought it was good judging by the screen shots, and because I, a few days earlier, purchased the ARIANE AEROFLOT 737-400 (which is pretty but offers nothing more than recent freeware aircraft in particular the POSKY Bombardier CRJ, which is actuall better since it it features everything the ARIANE 737 has PLUS one of the best virtual cockpits I have seen....no VC or any panel with the Ariane 737-400, althouhgh I am told it works with that excellent Dreamfleet 737-400 panel)I have still to successfully download the panel on my 56K modem. I have been in e-mail contact with someone at ARIANE , who only after a day or so answered INCOGNITO and then entered into a debate with me on all sorts of issues, all of which I consider utter poppycock! Why this individual does not seem to wish to disclose his/her identity is beyond me...or perhaps not....The simple thing is that for some obscure reason ARIANE apparently wants to con dial-up users into purchasing a CD at an additional cost after they have parted with their original 10 pounds for that panel. Heaven knows what they do with all the money they get from customers. I think they are OBLIGED to invest sufficient in their merchandise delivery system to actually make delivery possible to all who do business with them. (That is making sure there is sufficient bandwidth to enable at least a "try downloading before buying"-procedure ) Taking someone's money without at LEAST assuring that, is to me tantamount to criminal. And that is perhaps what we are dealing with.ARIANE'S Buisiness parctises such as those experienced by myself and numerous others are reprehensible and repugnant in the extreme, especially as they might bank on the fact that litigation for recovery of purchase price is not feasable accross continents. All I can say there are other methods to deal with this problem. The absence of proof of WHO IS ACTUALLY behind Ariane makes this a wee bit difficult, but the truth will eventually emerge. In the mean time, whatever anybody else might feel, I must WARN EVERYBODY to stay clear of ARIANE...you will burn you fingers....After all ARIANE is not the only flight sim add on vendor in business. What is better than the Freeware stuff around..... POSKY and PROJECT AIRBUS for example, not to mention the FREEWARE DESIGN GROUP ...the list can go on. THese do excellent work and they give it away for free. Commercial vendors who I have had excellent service from is Dreamfleet, FSD, Flight1 Software, Carenado (they make arguably the BEST light plane models!) etc. Frankly, although I have paid for the ARIANE panel, I do no longer want it...To me Flight simming is entertainment, and should give pleasure rather than this sort of crap one gets from ARIANE. How can one enjoy the panel if its procurement is preceded by such endless and fruitless efforts to simply get it after I due paiment was made, not at one byte per second but, 56K!CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Tom,Many thanks for that front page lead on Arianne, PT, etc.Hopefully enough simmers will see it and take heed this time.I am pleased that you have independantly verified the true nature of Arianne and had the moral fibre to post the announcement, I think the simming community should award you one of your 'Bravo Zulu' awards :-)I also hope that someone from the UK will make the UK authorities aware of thee details, although there are many ways round the UK bankruptcy laws as many UK companies have demonstrated in the past :-fume Rgds

Hi,I feel kinda guilty now. I knew Ariane was run by Peter Trishma from the very start... and I thought everyone knew!If I had known that no-one knew, I would of mentioned it big time, and made sure every flightsim computer knows.Oh well, let the lonely sad person try to recover his life, whilst we laugh at him, knowing that it didn't have to end up like this.Thanks...James Pearceconcorde3@concorde3.freeserve.co.uk"The Airbus A340-600 are for the old folks, us younger ones fly the Boeing 707-100!"

Guest Toni Rauch

Sorry to sound repetitive as this has been covered here before, but if you are a new or recent 'victim' and have paid for an Ariane product which you have not been able to get, and/or have been ignored by Tishma after writing e-mails for help, or not received the help you're entitled to, DO NOT 'write-off' the money you have paid because it's only a few pounds....THERE ARE REMEDIES OPEN TO YOU, WHICH YOU DEFINATELY SHOULD USE:1. Write to/e-mail Ariane again demanding your refund, and warn them that if you do not get your credit card refunded in full within (I suggest) 72 hours, you will persue the matter through other legal means. Make sure you keep copies of your e-mail and any reply you receive.2. Write to/e-mail WorldPay (Ariane's internet payment agents) and complain. Their details are on the receipt and on Ariane's web site.Ask them to assist you and tell them how you feel about Ariane. They take complaints very seriously and can even refund themselves if necessary.3. Complain to your credit card company and dispute the purchase. They have a legal obligation to investigate on your behalf as your purchase is 'protected' if paid for by credit card.4. Complain about Ariane to the local Trading Standards authority in the area where Ariane is based. (i.e. Luton, Bedfordshire, UK. A call to the local Borough Council will advise you of which Trading Standards office you need.)DO NOT LOSE YOUR MONEY TO ARIANE - GET IT BACK!!!!!!!Toni.

James, You knew all the time yet said nothing, OK fair enough you have your own reasons for this.Recent events have shown many simmers (your collegues in this hobby) have lost money through Ariane, inspite of numerous warnings that have been posted here. These postings have been questioned, locked and some removed as nobody it seems would believe what was being said. Some even questioned the validity of the content, when I for one was aware all the time ( and as you claim) to know they were in fact true. Perhaps if you had offered your penny's worth we could have saved some poor soul's hard earned money ?Remember James, what is "cheap" to you and I, represents an awful lot of money to others, take the case on the "other site" of the Polish guy, what he lost with no hope of recovery, it could have been as much for some as a months salary. See my point? This is why the truth has to be told and if it means an expose,if it's true as Tom has confirmed we have a right to know and be warned.I cannot feel the remotest bit sorry for Tishma, he has created and built his own fairytale castle on dubious foundations and now it's about to come crashing down.Get on with his life..sure but dont try to cheat me and the thousands of others who enjoy this hobby.James, please dont think this is me attacking you, I've no wish or desire to do so, however I wish as maybe you and others who read this, think "if only".RegardsGeorge

Darren, I read your post's.For those who say "the past is the past ... stop the crusade" Lets see if these are the same people saying the same regarding the Iraq situation, that was past as well was it not it ?George

Guest Toni Rauch
DarrenIf this WAS a crusade, I'd agree. But it isn't - it never has been.It's simply always been about exposing Tishma and his continuing bad practises, as a warning to 'newbies' so that they know who they're dealing with.The decision to buy or not to buy Ariane products must always rest with the individual (obviously), but at least if you're going to support Tishma and/or possibly get yourself grief in the process, do so with your eyes open.Toni.

All you have to do is to dispute the charge with your charge card. Here in the U.S., I believe you have 60 days, but the sooner the better. They will erase it from you and take care of it. No big deal. These charge card companies have a lot more power then most people think when it comes to consumer protection.Don

Guest Toni Rauch
True, but other cynics out there also suspected that he sent some of his "nuns" out to do the defending. (It's amazing how many aliases you can dream up and 'plant' if you really want to, especially if you're paranoid about people knowing your true identity, Bob Hale, Bobbo, etc.). I bet the poor sods on Reception at Regus in Luton will all receive Writs from Tishma on Monday morning....;) Toni.

Well well!! I purchased a Papa Tango product years ago andcouldn't install it and failed miserably to get any supportfrom them. I have since downloaded the original Ariane 737-300without the knowledge of Ariane's roots.I was keen to get the new Gmax aircraft but thanks to myFlightsim colleagues I am now a little wiser.The way I see it is simple - I do have payware products onmy Sim (PSS,767PIC,GB Airports) but the vast majority of my"Addons" are freeware, provided by talented people who notonly wish to spend endless hours of their own time creatingmarvellous and often breathtaking additions to flightsim(do they have jobs or marraiges????!!!!), but then have noqualms in sharing it with everyone else for no personal gain.I will continue to buy payware if it is good enough like theones listed above, but I will certainly not deal with anyonethat has attempted to suffocate the freeware developers thatI for one rely on and appreciate so very much.Thanks Avsim.RossNottingham,England