Sign in to follow this  
FaxCap

Is there a problem?

HelloIt's been a week now and no new uploads. What I find stange is the fact you normally post a message on the Home page to keep us informed.Nothing this time. To make things worse at least one of the threadson the Forums asking about it has been edited. Nothing in the threadwas nasty at all. I have been MODing on 2 boards for years and NOTHING kills a board faster than a heavy hand with the editing mouse.Tom, PLEASE....set the record straight. Has the new server died?Is the new file system a bust? Just tell us. AVSIM is a great siteand I have always found you very up front and open but somethingdoesn't quite feel right about this.FaxCap

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Today is the 28th of May; only yesterday, the 27th, was there a posting on the AVSIM front page as of 18:30 hours regarding this. While it can be easily viewed by scrolling down, I'll save you the trouble...Avsim File Library UpdatePosted: Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 18:31The Avsim Tech Staff are working hard to get the file library UPLOAD capability back online. Please be assured that the file library's upload function will be up and working as soon as possible, hopefully sometime over this upcoming weekend. I don't know what assurances it gives you, but I see it as a recent update from this site's staff. I wish I could say that I was observant enough to cite and discuss "edited threads", but I can't so I won't. In the mean time, my opinion (and it is just that) is leave them alone and let them work on it...Regards

Rick, you are quite correct, I missed that post. I must point out though it came "after" the edited thread. Sorry you missed the threadbut I can give you the $2 tour. A member posts a question as to what'sup with the New Uploads. He gets a reply which not only doesn't answer his question it doesn't really say anything....I'm not sure whyhe even made the reply. Two of us ask if he will answer the firstmember's question. That is followed by a short basic "in a few days"answer.Two days later the thread has been edited. I've been MODing on boardsfrom the 1200 baud BBS days and if there is one thing I have learnedit's this. When the Owners/MODs/Managers of Forums start deleting/editing to "save face" it looks VERY bad to members.I am just as glad to be a member if AVSIM as anyone. It's my FS home.It's extremely well run and the bandwidth on downloads is excellent!That's why I posted my first message because this didn't seem to "fit" AVSIM's normally excellent communications with it's members.FaxCap