Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Easyjet goes for Airbus

Easyjet, one of the uk's biggest low cost airlines has just announced an order for 100 Airbus A320's with options on 100 more. This will be a major blow for Boeing who have supplied all Easyjets aircraft to date namely 733 and 738s

Great I'm a bus fan to my feet. And just finished my ATPL I really hope to fly the Bus in the near future..Henrik

Guest A32X

Do you know when they take their first aircraft, and what type will it be?Regards,

Guest JoakimE

I belive Easyjet has 737-300 and 737-700, not -800 ;)

My sources (the Press Association) has easyJet down to get 120 Airbus A319s, with 120 options. They'll initially be introduced at the easyJet Switzerland hub at Geneva.And yes, EZY operate the 737-700, and are retiring some of their older leased 737-300s. http://www.btinternet.com/~rob.corp/images/sig.jpg

I wonder how long the 737s will remain. I guess only as long as it takes to replace them, as Easyjet has always held that operating a single type is their main strength as it reduces operating cost and increases availability (every pilot and technician is checked out on the entire fleet...).

If anyone thinks it is about which plane is better - you are mistaken. It is all about which one will cost me less to acquire. Airbus promised to sell their planes for $800,000 less per aircraft than Boeing and to compensate the airline for the additional cost incurred because of the mixed fleet. Who is paying for all this - European taxpayer.Michael J.

Guest Dakota

You hit the nail on the head with that comment. It is all about the bottom line and nothing else. Airbus siad they will not lay-off people even though it may be costing them big time, so they have to sell planes cheap to get rid of the surplus they are now building.

As some of you may know by know I live within a hours drive of the 3 major Boeing facilitys in the Seattle are so this for Boeing and the Northwest USA is not good new's.Last week Boeing anounced that they were going to a reduce their 8 plane a month delivery schedule down to 4 at the Renton(737-757 product fac) partialy because of Sept 11 but more so because of their customers financial problems.This brings back the memorys of billboards in the Seattle are in the early 70's......WOULD THE LAST PERSON LEAVING SEATTLE!!!!! pLEASE TURN THE LIGHT'S OUT. I can see this happing again as the E.U. is trying to suck the lifebread out of the US economy...so much for fair trade when goverments subsidise orders in the tune of 800K to inspire a US carrier to purchase to buy their product. I guess becuse the US is funding the WAR ON TERORISM THE EU WILL SUBSIDISE THE WARON TRADE.To much more of this and Uhaul in Seattle will be taking reservation...but HEY!!!!! Boeing has been looking for a out in Seattle for a long time....just maybe they will get their opportunity.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

>>>>I wonder how long the 737s will remain<<<<<<http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

Guest Dominik Mann

Uh-oh - it's getting ugly in here...Please keep your eyes on this thread, moderators...

Let us keep the focus on flight simming here.....and on MS FS in specific.Furthermore I would even frown on your comments in the Hangar Forum (as a European that likes the US as a country and has many friends there). I don't think it is wise to make such general statements about such a complicated issue.... wright or wrong ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

"I guess becuse the US is funding the WAR ON TERORISM THE EU WILL SUBSIDISE THE WARON TRADE."Whoaa there.... Old argument, flawed logic.First, in fairness to the EU, they have been on the front lines of the "War on Terrorism" long before we were, often paying a high price for our foreign policy blunders and less than diplomatic administrations. Just by being our allies, they have suffered--just ask the French who have seen a tanker blown up, or the Germans who suffered through the Munich games in '72. So I feel the sleight against them in your post is very poor, and way out of line. And why not put a spin on it...what does our subsidizing farming do to the European farmer who wants to make a living? Why do you think Europe is so highly industrialized to begin with?'nuff said. I want to address the thoughts in your post, and not attack you personally, so I hope my response is seen that way. -John