Sign in to follow this  
Guest MightyMatt76

When you hear this sound.....

Guest MightyMatt76

well this is not going to be an emergency air warning or broadcast, i just want to check how long it will take for a moderator to take action in this forum with regards to the 'PIC 737 screenshots' post by Nikolay where he:a) admits to be a developer for Wilco Publishing:( publishes screenshots, payware, in the screenshots forumand thereforec) is breaking rules!i find that the moderators actions are poor and unfair. when a group like CanUK, who have made tons of freeware scenery add-ons to benefit all of us in the FS community at no charge, posts shots of their upcoming and first payware add-on get a warning saying that preview shots of commercial add-ons are not allowed, why are the same steps not taken against a group like Wilco? so then comes along a Wilco developer, boasting and raving like a mad man with screesnshots about a product that is:a) full of bugs:( sold without customer support (no disrespect to Feelthere, they do an awesome job)then there is no moderator to take down this post. i find this highly unfair and unprofessional of the AVSIM moderators group. if there are unforeseen circumstances stopping the moderator from deleting the post, then have someone else do it.yes, postings like this give Wilco more attention, much more than they deserve, but something needs to be down about the above mentioned post. rules are rules, you guys made them, enoforce them! and if you ban me in the process, so be it. it is time someone made their voice, although disgruntled, heard!no screenshot placed, on purpose!

Guest SteveK

Agreed...I thought that the post in question was way out of line, breaking the rules, and should have been deleted before this eruption started.Lets see how long it takes for your post to be deleted Matthew. Should be rather amusing.

Come on Matthew, the mods are probably gone for the holidays. AVSIM is a respectable FREE organization for the benefit of the hobby. They are under no obligation to live up to your expectations of "professionalism." Things aren't always as they appear. Someone's breaking the rules, great, they will get caught. I don't like Nikolay's actions any more than anyone else, but I'm not going to throw stones at the mods. Please, settle down and let Tom and Co. handle things. I'm sure they won't let us down. They have certainly earned the benefit of the doubt when anyone suspects impropiety.Try to enjoy the season, it's supposed to be a happy time. :-)

Guest MightyMatt76

hi 'rightseat', sorry no name found....i am sure and really hope they enjoy their holidays with their loved ones. but as far as i can remember, the post was placed before adam placed his with his CanUK screenshots and that one got deleted. i hate throwing stones, but i do not like unfairness. people like adam make great add-ons and those shots get deleted while wilco can get away with it. i have been complaining for several days, do you want to say that no one is moderating these avsim forums? would not be a smart move, let alone a gaming community, even one as innocent as ours. they have time to discuss the posting of false Flight Simulator 10 news, but delete a not only illegal but also blasphamous post in this forum? sorry, free, volunteer or not i find it unacceptable. even as a volunteer you take on certain responsibilities, if they can enforce rules and be responsible with other posts, they can do the same here. being a volunteer does not omit you from responsibilities when it suits you, is my opinion. anyway, we will just sit and wait. i do not mean to sound harsh, rude or disrespectful, but i hate unfairness especially when it affects the real developers here.

Guest shibby

I think you really need to relax here, other people such as the mods are probably out enjoying their holidays and you come on here craving for some attention. Stop being such a mall cop and let the real mods do their job.

>I think you really need to relax here, other people such as>the mods are probably out enjoying their holidays and you come>on here craving for some attention. Stop being such a mall>cop and let the real mods do their job.And who are you, telling Mathew what to do or not to to?He has every right to question AVSIM moderators about this. Even if they are on holidays. And yes, the post has been up for quite a while now. :-rollYou know, the posting rules are ment for everybody to follow. Not just some of us. ;-)Happy New Year,http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gif"Real men fly with round gauges"[/color]

Staffan

Guest MightyMatt76

shibby, if AVSIM can have volunteers working around the clock in shifts to publish news (at least that was how they worked) they can delete a post. it has been almost a week now and complaints started on the first day. i am not craving attention, get that enough without a flight sim forum, but people are crying out for deletion of the topic, many people are not happy with Wilco customer support but the post remains while a CanUK post, posted after the Wilco post in question, gets deleted within an hour! at least i would give CanUK the time of day, i have no respect towards wilco and their actions. if no one visits their forums, or no one gets response to questions in the wilco forum, what right does wilco have to disrespect the forum rules?someone needs to be a mall cop here, especially if there are no mods around. again, time will tell how long it takes for them to react.

Guest allcott

Bottom left of the thread box is the `ALERT` button.The just use it. This is a screenshot forum, not the debating chamber. Allcott

I personally think Avsim should relax the rule. I like seeing images of upcoming things, payware or Freeware.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest shibby

I'm sorry for the mall cop remark, I admit it was really out of line. I read the whole 737 screenshot post and it seems like you were the only one crying to have it deleted and used it as a personal attack on Wilco.

>I personally think Avsim should relax the rule. I like>seeing images of upcoming things, payware or Freeware.>>EricHi,I instead personally think that payware companies should not get any "freerides" in this forum. Thinking about the unrealistic costs some of the payware addons have reached, they should have enough money to set up their own screenshot forums. :-hahHappy New Year,http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gif"Real men fly with round gauges"[/color]

Staffan

Guest MightyMatt76

@allcoti have used it twice, i don't want to flood the system. once on the first day and yesterday again. trying to keep in mind the mods can enjoy their holiday ;)@ejoineri would have to agree with staffan, no freerides for payware, look at what we are paying! some of it is worth it, but some of it is not. if a product is good, users will show it, not developers themselves :)

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Nope, I was there too, and I am glad to see it got locked at least, so the fella can't keep bumping it.While I agree that it raises the issue of fairness, the forum is private... So we're in no position to "demand" fairness. But it would be nice, sure.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

Yup, just as I suspected. Ken took care of it. Can we go back to all being friends now? ;-)