Sign in to follow this  

Thankyou Chris Willis Awsome

Just a very great thankyou Chris and Group for the massive effort you have done in designing and making FS Sky WORLD avalibleIt is so Awesome to be able to look out my window at the clouds and then to replicate it in so much detail on FS2002My true thanks for all your hard workKind RegardsGreg

Greg, Can you help me... I followed the directions on installing Sky World. I can't make it work right. I can get the situations to come up in different parts of the world... but I can't figure out how to get the different skies to appear (storms etc) in my chosen departure airport... even Miegs default. I press Sky, select Real Thunderstorm Moderate and then install but the weather shows clear at meighs. Are there any better instructions out there except for the readme and the web page. Thank you!!Steve

Hi, Be sure you have this versionhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?C...scen&DLID=21686As stated in first line of the web page and in the readme , this is not an weather generator, you will have to add manually your weather in fs2002 weather advanced, or real weather download.Ps: Thanks Greg for your comments.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more. We owe these guys at FSW a huge debt of gratitude.It's perhaps a little worrying when one finds oneself looking up at the sky and making comments like "these clouds look almost as good as in flight sim."I'm a very happy chappy these days :DMike :-wave

Hi SteveI will asume you have downloaded the latest version of FS SKY WORLD 2002 SE1 START THE SKY WORLD THEN SAY JUST FOR EXAMPLE SELECT THE T-STORM 6 COLOR SET 1 ,THEN PRESS INSTALL AND RUN FS2 CREATE A NEW FLIGHT AT YOUR DEFAULT FAVORITE AIRPORT LETS SAY MIEGS AND THEN CLEAR ALL WEATHER THEN CLICK FLY3 ONCE THERE GO TO WORLD / WEATHER / LOCAL WEATHER / ADVANCED WEATHER ./ THEN CLICK THE CLOUDS TAB /4 ADD A LAYER OF CLOUD AND GIVE IT /THUNDERSTORM /BROKEN 5/8 /1750 TOP/ 684 BASE / 200 DEVIATION5 CLICK OK / OKAND YOU SHOULD SEE CLOUDS6 (OPTIONAL) ADD OTHER LAYERS AS YOU SEE FIT ADDING OVERCAST CIRRUS 8/8 AFTER MAKING A SELECTION FROM V SKY IN FSSKY ADDS A VERY CLEVER SKY COLOR GRADIENT CHANGE READ CHRIS'S INSTRUCTIONSALSO EXPERIMENT WITH SETTINGSSAVE THE FLIGHT AS DEFAULT OR WHATEVERTHE REST IS UP TO YOU TO EXPERIMENT AS EACH PERSON HAS HIS OR HER FAVORITE PREFERENCESHOPE THIS HELPS STEVE

Where are these color sets? I only have one in my installedFS Sky World SE...which is "Exemple 8" (SIC). The instructions on this are thorough, but its clear the english isnt the first language of the author. Makes it difficult to read.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I would like to thank Chris for his fantastic work on the clouds and sky colours and for making our sim skies so much more realistic and atmospheric.I realise that he is restricted in MSFS and that makes what he has achieved even more amazing.Thanks ChrisPeter