Sign in to follow this  
Guest wayupthere

Gamespot FSX Payware Demo

Gamespot is simply charging for the ability to view a Miceodoft product demonstration video. This raises the possibility that Microsoft is collecting some percentage of the "action". Microsoft indirectly charging its potential customers for the right to view a product demonstration seems sleezy at best.I believe that Avsim should not support such behavior. I am sure that there is a rationalization, there always is. Let's not use the one that Gamspot needs to cover its costs.Dick BoleyDelmont, PA.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dick,Avsim are not and never have supported the 'Gamespot' link.A member (As you are) posted it thinking that was the only link.That is the member's post and not Avsim's.

"Gamespot is simply charging for the ability to view a Miceodoft product demonstration video"Infact your Wrong, people were able to get it by just signing up WITHOUT pay, speeds are/were terrible since it wasnt a "high speed server" and you'd end up in a que but thats a whole different thing.

>> member's post and not Avsim'sI disagree... there was an announcement on the front page, so I consider that to be an "AVSIM post". It initially only showed Gamespot as an option, so I am sure that Gamespot did benefit from this link, since many probably went out there (and paid) to get the file.

>>> member's post and not Avsim's>>I disagree... there was an announcement on the front page, so>I consider that to be an "AVSIM post". It initially>only showed Gamespot as an option, so I am sure that>Gamespot did benefit from this link, since many probably went>out there (and paid) to get the file.>>Avsim only showed that as an option because at the time IT WAS THE ONLY ONE.As individuals we all have the right to say yes or no, don't we?Avsim also show a multitude of add-ons mostly free........................ Dosen't support them, just serves us a unique facility, to access them should we want to.Perhaps you would like a bit of censorship to protect your vulnerabilty?

Dave,>As individuals we all have the right to say yes or no, don't>we?Um... yes... I don't believe that I said we did not.> Dosen't support them, just serves us a unique facility, to> access them should we want to.Again, where did I say that AVSIM supported Gamespot? I only said that I thought that Gamespot probably benefited from the post. Many people probably visited the site that would not have otherwise.>Perhaps you would like a bit of censorship to protect your>vulnerabilty?Not at all... I was just disappointed because I did not feel that this posting was up to AVSIM's usually very high level of quality.