Sign in to follow this  

Siai-Marchetti SF.260 Review !!!

Guest Simicro

Hello,The review for the outstanding Siai-Marchetti SF.260 by RealAir Simulations has been published on Avsim.The best GA aircraft for FS2002 IMHO.The authors can be proud of their excellent work !Tony.

Wow, if I ever got a review like this I could walk on water ... ;-)Michael J.

One thing for sure.................This aircraft received "less" gripes than I've ever seen for a payware aircraft. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen a valid complaint! :)I've really enjoyed the RealAir SF260, and previously got about an hour and a half of flight time in the real one, which gives something to compare with. L.Adamson

Hey All I have done a lot of complaining about some of the payware stuff lately and this plane is the reason why. I fly it exclusively. I just cant get enough. Nothing else IMO has yet to touch it. Some are close but this one is the best. What I dont understand is there has only been one repaint that Im aware of. Any ideas why?RegardsBobG

Yep. I would add that I feel like I'm actually learning something with this aircraft (which has become my default).I was also wondering, reading the review, whether the other good guys over at ActiveCamera couldn't do something about the pre-stall buffeting.

Thanks all for the kind comments!I love active camera and I find it works best when the latency is set quite low, so as not to exaggerate the inertia effect. Settings above 1.0 tend to make the head movement not quite catch up with extreme manoeuvres on the SF260.Kind Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

What can one say but a class product from a group of people that arein a class by them selves. Dan

Guest kdfw

Hi,I got the SF.260 today. VC and external model are the best for GA I've seen to date.It's the 767PIC of GA. Using the trackIR and 3D glasses, it's quite awsome. HQ VC panel in 3D mode is a little heavy on my AMD1.2G rig, but not that bad. LQ VC panel is still very clear.You'll see nav and strobes from the VC, the night panel lighting effects (several panel lighting options) are cool.In sum, a great GA package. If you have trackIR, you'll love it more.Pat

Hi Rob,You and the team deserve all the kind words you get. When I first got the plane I thought 'I'm going to tweak the panel.cfg to get the 2d views just as I want them', then I realised - I ain't going to fly this plane in a 2d view (I can be a bit slow at times)Trouble is I can't resist the temptation to spin, loop, have fun - just as well we've done with testing RC3 - I'd get nothing but 'You've busted your altitude again' Thanks for adding something new to the FS experience.All the best,John

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/RCbeta.jpg

Hi Pat,If your cpu is struggling in VC mode, try setting cockpit graphics to "low" in the display/aircraft menu. You'll still get quite crisp gauges but the sim will run twice as smooth.Regards,Rob Young

If I had reviewed the SF.260, I would have given it 10 STARS!!!!!!Definitely the best "feeling" single ever.I fly this baby all the time(well, 90% of the time)Thanks Realair Simulation.Bill Polak

Guest Simicro

hehe Bill Polak, I can tell you that you are not alone :-)

Great work guys! This is one of my favorite aircraft. Pure fun. :)